X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outstanding open handles

Hi to everyone,

i would like to know your opinion about this:

I started getting some issues with dt4 like drivers disappearing after every startup and once I was reactivating the drive (selecting 1 2 3 or 4) I was always getting 2 drivers (even if I was just choosing 1, 3 or 4) followed by the request to restart (b4 I never had to restart when changing the number).

I thought reinstalling it could be the classical solution but in the middle of the procedure i get this warning:

unable to remove adapter. Device SCSI\cdrom&ven_TA998......&Rev1.0....etc...... has outstanding open handles

and the classical 3 options (retry...etc)

I tried ignoring it but when reinstalling the problem keeps.
    Wht could it be?

Win XP pro SP2
    nod 32
    Alcohol 120
    last DT4

Thanks

It happens the same to me!

(I got the 4.00HE x86, windows xp pro not 64 sp2)
    But with a difference, instead of having 2 drives I have got no drives. Also, when I try to set a number of devices it says: please wait, and then: Device SCSI\cdrom&ven_TA998......&Rev1.0....etc...... has outstanding open handles

I tried to click omitir (third option in spanish: I dont know how to say "omitir" in english).
    Then it asked me for restart. I restarted, but still Havenґt got any drive.

When I tried to uninstall, it wasnґt in the add/remove programs.
    Then I looked for uninst.exe (or something like that) in the d-tools folder. It started to uninstall but it appeared the same thing: Device SCSI\cdrom&ven_TA998......&Rev1.0....etc...... has outstanding open handles

Then I downloaded the new (4.03) daemon. It installed ok (uninstalled the prev d-tools ok too) it asked me to restart. I restarted, and I get the devices I want.
    I mounted an image and then i noticed that everything was slower (i donґt know if it was the image or the d-tools, because when i had just restarted i mounted the image).
    It tilt (stopped, failed) in the start menu, the expolrer (for the folders) and many other ocasions.
    I had to restore the system before I installed the deamon tools new and I still havenґt got virtual drives.

My drives are
    C: har disk
    D: cd rom (real)
    E: dvd rom (real)
    F: dvd rom (real)
    G: Dont appear
    H: The virtual drive I used to have (and itґs very strange, because the deamon tools doesnґt show any drive to mount something)

I hope you give me a solution to this.

Comment

Do NOT use v4.00 anymore - install v4.03. It contains important bug fixes, and also adds an option to enable an InUse check (responsible for that open handles message, default disabled).
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

OK, now I uninstalled "manually" the daemon tools, But i first intalled the 3.47 and then the 4.03. Now it works without glitches
        Last edited by niksfish; 11.04.2006, 00:52.

Comment

Working...
        X