PDA

View Full Version : outstanding open handles

ichnusa82
05.04.2006, 23:24
Hi to everyone,

i would like to know your opinion about this:

I started getting some issues with dt4 like drivers disappearing after every startup and once I was reactivating the drive (selecting 1 2 3 or 4) I was always getting 2 drivers (even if I was just choosing 1, 3 or 4) followed by the request to restart (b4 I never had to restart when changing the number).

I thought reinstalling it could be the classical solution but in the middle of the procedure i get this warning:

unable to remove adapter. Device SCSI\cdrom&ven_TA998......&Rev1.0....etc...... has outstanding open handles

and the classical 3 options (retry...etc)

I tried ignoring it but when reinstalling the problem keeps.
Wht could it be?

Win XP pro SP2
nod 32
Alcohol 120
last DT4

Thanks

niksfish
08.04.2006, 23:55
(I got the 4.00HE x86, windows xp pro not 64 sp2)
But with a difference, instead of having 2 drives I have got no drives. Also, when I try to set a number of devices it says: please wait, and then: Device SCSI\cdrom&ven_TA998......&Rev1.0....etc...... has outstanding open handles

and the classical 3 options (retry...etc):mad:
I tried to click omitir (third option in spanish: I dont know how to say "omitir" in english).
Then it asked me for restart. I restarted, but still Havenґt got any drive.

When I tried to uninstall, it wasnґt in the add/remove programs.
Then I looked for uninst.exe (or something like that) in the d-tools folder. It started to uninstall but it appeared the same thing: Device SCSI\cdrom&ven_TA998......&Rev1.0....etc...... has outstanding open handles

and the classical 3 options (retry...etc):mad:

Then I downloaded the new (4.03) daemon. It installed ok (uninstalled the prev d-tools ok too) it asked me to restart. I restarted, and I get the devices I want.
I mounted an image and then i noticed that everything was slower (i donґt know if it was the image or the d-tools, because when i had just restarted i mounted the image).
It tilt (stopped, failed) in the start menu, the expolrer (for the folders) and many other ocasions.
I had to restore the system before I installed the deamon tools new and I still havenґt got virtual drives.

My drives are
C: har disk
D: cd rom (real)
E: dvd rom (real)
F: dvd rom (real)
G: Dont appear
H: The virtual drive I used to have (and itґs very strange, because the deamon tools doesnґt show any drive to mount something)

I hope you give me a solution to this.

Copytrooper
09.04.2006, 10:40
Do NOT use v4.00 anymore - install v4.03. It contains important bug fixes, and also adds an option to enable an InUse check (responsible for that open handles message, default disabled).

niksfish
09.04.2006, 17:04
OK, now I uninstalled "manually" the daemon tools, But i first intalled the 3.47 and then the 4.03. Now it works without glitches