Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SecureROM, SecureROM *NEW* and SecureROM *NEW* v4.x

Hi everybody!!

I have downloaded Daemon Tools v333 today and I read all the manual.

But I have this problem with SecureROMs... The manual says that no program/recorder can make working 1:1 copys with this protections!

Is it true?

Peace out!

There are some drives (so i've read) that can make 1:1 copies (plextor premium, f.e.). I've not checked this out or heard much about this.

If you use rmps to burn the cd (must make cd with alcohol 120);
    you can play your game fine. You must have dtools or alcohol's rmps emulation enabled.

Or you can use twinpeaks. It will modify an mds/mdf or ccd/bwa/img/sub file and insert extra sectors. Then you can burn this in any cd burning app (that supports raw mode). But some drives refuse to play this burnt cd.

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
      If you use rmps to burn the cd (must make cd with alcohol 120)
      you can play your game fine. You must have dtools or alcohol's rmps emulation enabled.
      So, if i'm not using a plextor I can't make 1:1 copy of a securerom protected cd? I can just copy the CD and use the emulation tool?

Thanks

Comment

You can use nearly any cd burner if you use the twinpeaks method. If you download alcoholer, it will modify the image and insert twinpeaks. You can then burn this image with clonecd or alcohol 120. This burned cd will work in most cd readers.

However, rmps method will work in every cd reader.

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
          You can use nearly any cd burner if you use the twinpeaks method. If you download alcoholer, it will modify the image and insert twinpeaks. You can then burn this image with clonecd or alcohol 120. This burned cd will work in most cd readers.

However, rmps method will work in every cd reader.
          But I must use the emulations?

Comment

No, twinpeaks doesn't require emulation.

If you use your burner to play the game, you must enable 'hide atip' functino or safedisc emulation. This is because the game can detect you have a cdr. This is for any type of method used to burn.

Comment

I am testing with BlindWrite5 for making a 1:1 copy without TwinPeaks or Emulation. The test game is Grand Theft Auto: Vice City which is protected with SecuROM 4.8x. Read drive is a Toshiba SD-M1612 w/J804 firmware. Write drive is a Plextor 2410A which when I purchased it was tested to burn all protections at the time (this was about 6 mo. to 1 year) short of Cactus Data Shield. Read speed was automatically set at 8x and the image was verified GOOD as the game would accepted the mounted image without Emulation (previous attempts using the latest CloneCD failed completely). Now I am burning using BlindWrite5 at the automatically set speed of 1x. Hope this works...

Comment

The burned copy did not work so it did not get that successful. However, it may be due to my burner not being able to do EFM encoding properly. It can do it almost correctly but not completely. Fortunately, the image does work properly so if someone with a LiteOn burner which can do EFM encoding properly or another burner that has the capability see if they can do it successfully?

Comment

SecuROM doesn't need EFM! Check my post in the other thread!
                  Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                  They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Sorry, but why don't u guys just read the Sticky?
                    It's all explained there......

Comment

Working...
                    X