strange problem with sims2:open for business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange problem with sims2:open for business

I finally managed to get this game running from the image by downloading dt v 4.03 and using sd4hide 1.1. However, weirdly, when it boots up it displays the nightlife splash screen and none of those weird maxis sayings scroll buy as it loads. When the loading is complete it comes up with a blank error message, tiny little window with an x in it and it makes the windows error sound but there is no text in this window to let me know what's wrong. After i click it i get booted to desktop like nothing happened. I'm running windows xp home edition on an asus a8v mobo, fx 53 processor, gf6800 ultra. All my drivers are up to date. Got any ideas why this would be happening?

How did you make your image? Do you have a message in the event observer?
    Carpe diem

Comment

Made it using alcohol 120% set it to mds/mdf and safedisk 2/3What is the event observer and how do i run it?

Comment

Re: Event Viewer

Start, Run, eventvwr.msc
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I looked through the event log, and i couldn't find anything that matched chronologically with running the game. So i started it again, noting the time, and still coldn't find any events that were even within a few hours of starting the game. This is very odd, I tried reinstalling last night but the problem remains. Any ideas?

Comment

Re: The Sims 2 open for business

This happens only when playing from the virtual drive and not when using the original disc? Odd. Don't know if anything would change but you can try turning off all emulation options.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I hadn't turned any emulation options on in the first place. So i turned on safedisk emulation, to no effect, and then turned them all off, still to no effect. I did manage to find something in the event viewer that matches chronologically with the two attempts to run the game however. Both sets are exactly the same. two security things, success audits, one priviledge use and one logon/logoff. I'll post the entire text.
              first the priviledge user one, it's a type success A and it's ID is 576
              Special privileges assigned to new logon:
              User Name: NETWORK SERVICE
              Domain: NT AUTHORITY
              Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E4)
              Privileges: SeAuditPrivilege
              SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege
              SeChangeNotifyPrivilege

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
              then the logon/logoff one
              it's type is also success A and it's id is 528
              Successful Logon:
              User Name: NETWORK SERVICE
              Domain: NT AUTHORITY
              Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E4)
              Logon Type: 5
              Logon Process: Advapi
              Authentication Package: Negotiate
              Workstation Name:
              Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

could there be any connection between the two?

Comment

Working...
              X