Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After unmount, how to rid system of drive/letter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After unmount, how to rid system of drive/letter?

I mounted an ISO using Daemons Home - all worked fine. However, after unmounting the drive (G, it still appears under my computer as a CD/DVD drive. I am able to temporarily uninstall the corresponding 'driver' in Device Manager but when I reboot the G: drive reappears under My Computer. How do I get rid of that drive indefinitely, now that I no longer need it?

Unmounting does remove the mounted image from the virtual device. If you don't want the drive itself anymore, you've to disable all virtual devices in VirtualCD/DVD-ROM menu -> Set number of devices -> Disable.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Hello, I had the same issue, however after uninstalling an older version of daemon tools one of the drives remained, for a while i was unable to remove the drive but i now have made it disappear by removing the pnp thing in device manager. now i still seem to have a problem with the game pariah that says i have some emulating software although daemon tools is deactivated. what can i do? any more clean up tips?

Comment

well you can always uninstall DT, and use repair XP pro(or an equilivant program) to clean up your reg, and then check if pariah says the samething... otherwise check other forums where they tell you how to "reset" a blacklisting tool. But I don't why you got this problem with pariah,..I've got it to..but my version mounted without a problem..
        Nothing is real in this world, only your fantasy represents the truth

Comment

Doing a repair is NOT recommended, especially not with Daemon Tools installed.
          In case of remaining drives uninstall Daemon Tools, then check the following threads depending on the installed version:
          For v4.0x the thread about how to remove v4,
          for v3.43 - v3.47 the thread about error 25002
          remove leftovers of previous installation(s), reboot after the procedure.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I don't know if your familiar with XP repair pro...but you can adjust this program completly(well offcourse within its limits) ..I configured it like this: Scan-->search for broken/incomplete systemkeys/regs(from uninstalled programs) so there will be no trace left of DT, I wrote my last post as a recommendation of cleaning software, not how to fix a not working version of dt v.4.0 (my excuses if this really is not related to this topic)

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
              Doing a repair is NOT recommended, especially not with Daemon Tools installed.
              In case of remaining drives uninstall Daemon Tools, then check the following threads depending on the installed version:
              For v4.0x the thread about how to remove v4,
              for v3.43 - v3.47 the thread about error 25002
              remove leftovers of previous installation(s), reboot after the procedure.

last post from me at this topic..:wink: why isn't recommend? Maybe I missed some things in my cleaning process, but I didn't found any errors..(in DT)

Comment

Working...
              X