Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction

Hi, I have burnt all 3 of my diablo 2 cd's and burnt the Expansion cd.

I have burnt all 4 cd's on alcohol 120% with DPM 1x.

Now I load Diablo 2 and install that fine. But after that is installed I go to install Lord of destruction and for some reason it will not accept the play disk image. Nothing seems to work, even if I place the original cd in the drive it still doesn't work. Anyone know how to fix this?

D2 & LoD donґt need DPM, just sub-channel data, so use SecuROM new profile in Alcohol, not SecuROM new 4.x profile!
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

You think that will work? It's really in the installation stage of LOD that it stops working. As in, refuses to accept an iso or even the original cd itself as the 'playdisc'. Am I doing this right? Or should I burn the LOD image?

No matter what I've done, I constantly get the same result. It sits on the 'Insert 'playdisc' message'.

Comment

There are some things:
        1. To create perfect backup you need hardware able to read and write subchannel data,
        2. if you play from writer, you´ve to enable a hide-ATIP-function (e.g. Daemon Tools SecuROM emluation hides ATIP);

3. if you start the game via the normal icon (d2.exe) it´ll play from lowest drive letter only, try starting the game via game.exe,
        4. iso won´t work, ´cause it lacks important copy protection data, i.e. subchannel data.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

okay thanks... looks like i am going to have to buy a burner

Comment

If you have images of all 4 CD then i don't understand the problem. In fact for installation even subchannel information does not matter - only to play. As far as i rememeber when you install LOD then original Diablo2 play CD is not needed anymore - if it asks Playdisc then you need to insert LOD disc, not original Diablo2 play disc! You can safely remove your original 3 CDs for a long time - you won't need them anymore at all.
            Of course make sure you made FULL install of original Diablo2 before installing LOD.

Comment

I discovered the problem.

Problem was:

There were problems with the image, which I traced back to a problem on the actual original cd. Which refused to allow the installation to copy a file when using daemon tools. After I burnt the image it was fine. Although there is corruption in one of the files. I'm yet to encounter any problems with the game so far.

Backup whilst not a complete success, silly me should be more careful not to damage the original.

Comment

I have the same problem,I try to make an image of the disks,and It cant read the sub channel data. but I have an hp dvd writer 640b.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gauss
                  I have the same problem,I try to make an image of the disks,and It cant read the sub channel data. but I have an hp dvd writer 640b.
                  Which program did you use to create the image. Get the latest version of Alcohol 120% and try it again, use the Securom *NEW profile (don't use the Securom *NEW 4.x/5.x): www.alcohol-software.com
                  Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave_Lister22
                    I discovered the problem.

Problem was:

There were problems with the image, which I traced back to a problem on the actual original cd. Which refused to allow the installation to copy a file when using daemon tools. After I burnt the image it was fine. Although there is corruption in one of the files. I'm yet to encounter any problems with the game so far.

Backup whilst not a complete success, silly me should be more careful not to damage the original.
                    - If Alcohol doesn't help (try 1x), try Blindwrite 5 with 1x or maybe CloneCD (don't know exactly if CCD can copy SecuROM 5)

Comment

Similar question

I also backed up my Diablo 2 files on 3 cds. I try to install from the cds and once the game is installed it asks for the play cd. I tried all 3 cds and none of them will play the game. What am I doing wrong here?

Comment

So if my backup iso from PowerISO of LoD disc doesnt work, I need to make which type of file with which type of program to play with daemon?

Comment

Use Alcohol 120% and use its native mds/mdf file format.
                          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Erm i have only a tiny problem. I have installed both Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction cd's no problem.

The problem exists when i click the icon to play the game, it begins to start up and asks me to make sure the Expansion disk is in. I check my computer drives and it says that the expansion disk for lord of destruction is in the virtual drive.

Any ideas on what i should do?

Comment

How have you created that image?
                              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                              X