X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic reboot upon mount of cloneCD bf1942 backup

Hey guys,

---

My problem: I can mount an SVCD .BIN/.CUE just fine, but when I try to mount a CloneCD .CUE/.CCD (BF1942)
    my system automatically reboots. I have tried an older version of D-Tools as well, and get the same problem.

If you are wondering why I am using a CloneCD .CCD/.CUE, it's because CDRwin won't read part of the BF1942 disk (presumeably because of copy-protection).

Is this a common problem, and if so, does anyone know a workaround for it? I have tried uninstalling CDRwin (along with the ASPI drivers it installs)
    but that didn't work either. Also, I went into Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Startup & Recovery and unchecked "Automatically Reboot," but it still automatically reboots, so I can't get a look at the stop-screen (BSOD) information.

I have the Minidump, though, available if anyone needs to see it. I tried running 'strings' on it (in linux)
    but it didn't yield too much information that I could understand.

On the same system, I had no problems with Win2K Pro (no service packs) and D-Tools 3.26 a while back. I have since reinstalled and updated Windows, and gotten the latest D-Tools, and this is my result.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

My System:

Win2000 Pro SP4 5.00.2195
    Pentium 4 2.0Ghz
    512MB RDRAM
    GF4 Ti4600
    Creative SB Audigy Platinum
    Plextor PX-W4012A

All drivers are up to date.

Software I am currently using:

CDRwin 3.9B
    CloneCD 4.0.1.10
    Daemon Tools 3.33.0

I will be happy to provide more information if needed.

Thanks,

Update your CloneCD to newest version (4.2.0.2)

CDRWin creates good image, be sure to set the "error recovery" to "ignore", and enable the "RAW"-checkbox.
    Why don´t mount normal CloneCD ccd? Btw I can mount cue/img created by CloneCD without any problems.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

More information

Ok well, I updated CloneCD, and that didn't help. Although, I am now able to use CDRwin to create the BIN/CUE, thanks to your help!

I failed to mention in my first post that my image file (the cloneCD .CCD/IMG) was located on a network drive that lives on a linux box. I use Samba on the linux machine to be able to mount stuff onto my windows machine, and everything else seems to work fine. For example, I can successfully mount a BIN/CUE of an SVCD just fine from the same location, just not the bf1942 BIN/CUE (that I just created w/CDRwin) or the .CCD/.IMG/.CUE that CloneCD made a while back.

I copied the BIN/CUE from the mounted linux drive to my local machine and tried it with no errors. I am hoping this sheds more light on the subject ...

On my linux box, I have a 120GB drive (where I'd really like to keep all that stuff)
      so are there any methods for fixing this problem?

Once again, any help is and will be appreciated.

Comment

You should try to change your nic drivers. You could also try playing around with various settings for your card.

Comment

Any other suggestions? :?

Comment

This problem appear to only occur with some netowkr cards. If you can, try swapping cards.

Comment

Working...
            X