Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with 2nd+ mount per boot

I meant per leg.. j/k...

No but seriously, its been a while since I used Daemon tools and and use another package and have the same problem with both even though I have install and re-installed both packages 2 times to see if problem would correct itself.

PROBLEM: In a fresh boot I can mount an ISO once, everything will be ok. If I desire to mount a second ISO chances are I won't have no problem but DEFINITELY either after the first or second+ mount the following happens:

A. explorer shows on either 2nd or 3rd+ ISO mount of a wide range of functional ISOs I have and use, file contents, free space, etc as if I never unmounted and mounted another image.

all using a single virtual drive at the same time:
    for example...
    I mount cd1... everything works fine
    I mount cd2... sometimes I get to see cd 2's contents if not its as if cd 1 is there...
    I mount cd3... files of cd 1 or 2 show only,
    I mount cd4... files of cd 1 or 2 show only,
    I unmount... no files show if I refresh in explorer
    I re-mount cd #x... files of cd 1 or 2 show only.

I have an enormous collection of ISO's and I burn them to DVD... after I burn them to DVD I mount them to make sure they mount ok... When they don't mount ok from DVD I try to mount them from HD and re-burn at slower speed if the HD image mounts fine.

Its been a while since I done the burn mout test exercises because I recently got a 300gb hd and I can hold off a bit.

BUT I HAVE ALWAYS been able to mount, unmount and re-mount dozens and dozens of ISO images in the past without a single problem whatsoever.

Most suspiciously of all,, as I said I tried installing and re-installing DAemon tools and another package I have several times and this has been to no avail.

I only suspect there may be faulty registry key for where virtual memory in WINDows XP is stored....

1. is there a known solution for this?
    2. if this a registry key prob of how virtual memory is handled?
    3. is this a faulty windows xp system file or driver?
    4. will a "repair os" windows XP installation not only replace system files but also set registry settings for virtual memory handling the way it was at default?

Seems Auto Insert Notification (AIN) is not active, enable it, then try again.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      Seems Auto Insert Notification (AIN) is not active, enable it, then try again.

IT worked.... THAnks!!!

too bad I made a second post that can only complicate things..

IF anything, disregard and delete it... ciao

Comment

Working...
      X