Unable to install v4.0.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to install v4.0.3

I had v3.47 installed for a long time and everything was OK. I then attempted to install v4.0.3 and it "seemed" to install correctly. For testing I also installed UltraISO and PowerISO and rebooted my system. Daemon would not run. I attempted to uninstall via Start > Programs > Daemon Tools > Uninstall this would not run. I then deleted the folder in Program files and the dtscsi.sys file and rebooted. I then attempted to reinstall but it now fails with "Failed calling CreateFile; GetLastError = 32". I've rebooted several times

When I look up the error 32 I find "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

I attempted to reinstall 3.47 but now get the following error "device setup error: Code 25057 (0x61E1), 2(0,2). Contact your support personnel."
    jgt

Try to disable antivirus during Daemon Tools v4.0.3 installation.
    If you want to re-install v3.47 you've to remove SPTD layer first. Download sptdinst_x86.exe (in our download section), open a DOS box, execute sptdinst_x86 remove, reboot, then re-install v3.47.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

OK I disable all of my AV software and the install was 100% successful. Thanks a bunch for the super quick accurate response.
      jgt

Comment

Working...
      X