Copying DVD Car Navigation Disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying DVD Car Navigation Disc

I'm trying to copy my DVD navigation disc. There doesn't appear to be any protection on it at all. It's a 300 dollar disc so i'd really like to back it up. Anyone have any experience with these?

No expreience with that, but why don't you make a try?
    Carpe diem

Comment

i'm just afraid that it will screw something up, i ripped the disc to an image and I'm going to head off to the store to get a dual layered disc, we'll see what happens

Comment

I don't think the disc has any copy protection (since you don't need the disc to be able to use the software in your car).
        Navigation software is usually protected with some (online) activation code.

Comment

But will the car be able to read a burned disc? There might be a stupid plus or minus issue where the car only reads one format.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
            But will the car be able to read a burned disc? There might be a stupid plus or minus issue where the car only reads one format.
            damn...I didn't think about that. Some crappy dvd players are like that too. Oh, and for some reason the disc needs to be in the player, it's a Lexus rx300.

Comment

burned the disc and put it in and it won't read, gonna try a -r

Comment

my relative used nero to make a backup copy, which did not work. i helped him out using alcohol (drm+subchannel data+ignore errors). this backup worked fine for him (mercedes).

the discs must be protected in anyway, but i've forgotten to check it with a-ray.
                no way to hav phun wth sciendz

Comment

Working...
                X