Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for CloneCD DVD images?

Hi,

I'm using CloneCD to backup game DVDs. For one DVD disc, CloneCD produces three files e.g. image.000, image.001, image.002. Optionally, a cue file can be generated that will contain the three filenames just listed and the cue file itself will be called image.dvd.

Unfortunately Daemon tools doesn't support the .dvd cue file created by CloneCD. If you try to mount the image.000 file directly you get parculiar behaviour (dir structure is readable, but exe's etc. fail to run)

Can I edit the .dvd cue file such that Daemon tools will recognise it? Its so frustrating as it's clear that DT is capable of "understanding" the image files!

Cheers,

Topaz Jester

The problem is that your image is being split into 1gb parts so when you mount any one of the parts the complete image is not accessible.

If you open image.000 with UltraISO then 'Save As' ISO or Bin Cue file you will then have the complete image that will mount & allow you to access all files.

Why do you need to make your image using CloneCD?
    Last edited by joeboy; 26.04.2006, 16:24.

Comment

Yea joeboy, there's probably an options menu to disable file splitting if you're on NTFS.

You could try
      Code:
      copy /b image.000+image.001+image.002 result.iso
      I'm not sure if that will work.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

@Underheaven

You must have posted as I was editing my above post , the method I described above using UltraISO works, I've just tested it to be sure :wink:

There appears to be no option in the CloneCD settings to disable file splitting, but it must be set by the software for the chunks to be so small?

Comment

You can also use DVD Decrypter's Create mds file feature, then mount the mds instead - should work ok with splitted images.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

You kick ass

Originally Posted by joeboy
            @Underheaven

You must have posted as I was editing my above post , the method I described above using UltraISO works, I've just tested it to be sure :wink:

There appears to be no option in the CloneCD settings to disable file splitting, but it must be set by the software for the chunks to be so small?
            I have to say thank you. What you said work grate for me. I sove my problem with Blinewright 5. Thank you Joeboy

Comment

Split DVD image can be mandatory (well, in some cases)

Some DVD images is larger than 4G, in which case I could not avoid splitting the images..
              For example, I've tried backup "The ACM SIGMOD Anthology Silver Edition", (Not game ) but I found that each of 2 DVDs was about 7-8G.
              Backup with nero have failed. Only CloneCD with splitting worked... which produced 8 x 1G image files for each DVD.

So, I have backup for these DVDs, but can't read (or even write ) them.. Hope daemon-tools support this or, someone tell me how to work around this problem..

Thank you!

Comment

Originally Posted by xit77
                I've tried backup "The ACM SIGMOD Anthology Silver Edition", (Not game ) but I found that each of 2 DVDs was about 7-8G.
                Backup with nero have failed.
                Use Alcohol 120%, when you use the 'Image Making Wizard' be sure that 'NEVER SEPARATE' is selected in the Separate image file every box, you should end up with a complete 7-8gb image file

Only CloneCD with splitting worked... which produced 8 x 1G image files for each DVD.

So, I have backup for these DVDs, but can't read (or even write ) them.. Hope daemon-tools support this or, someone tell me how to work around this problem..

Thank you!
                See my 2nd post in this thread, you can re-join them into one image using UltraISO

Comment

With Alcohol also splitted images are possible, the mds files will mount fine in Daemon Tools virtual devices.
                  Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                  They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
                  X