Any way to autoload SPTD.sys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to autoload SPTD.sys?

After installing DT4 it takes about 3-5 sec longer too boot winXP because of the safetyquestion/delay "Press ESC to cancel loading SPTD.sys" during boot.

Is there any way to disable this and make sptd.sys autoload without that delay? Ive never had any problems with DT4 on any configuration and I dont like to have long boottime if possible.

Cheers for an otherwise excellent application!

does it not only say this when booting in safe mode

Comment

Originally Posted by al1uk
      does it not only say this when booting in safe mode
      no, this message appears every boot, but on some machines or windows versions (dont know why) longer. i don't see this message, because its only a few milisec. shown.
      no way to hav phun wth sciendz

Comment

thats strange. check your boot.ini via msconfig to see if any extra switches have been added.

Comment

thats strange. check your boot.ini via msconfig to see if any extra switches have been added.
          are you sure, that you mean boot.ini ?

on XP, does the boot.ini just contains informations about the boot devices for the boot loader, or doesn't ?

for example:

Code:
          [boot loader]
          timeout=30
          default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
          [operating systems]
          multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Comment

yes, i meant boot.ini.

Originally Posted by g31
            on XP, does the boot.ini just contains informations about the boot devices for the boot loader, or doesn't ? :confused
            it does, but im sure there is an option to show loading drivers without booting into safe mode. was that your boot.ini you posted?? if so, then im not sure whats causing sptd.sys to show up.

you should try uninstalling and reinstalling sptd.sys. go to the dwnload section and get the tool

Comment

if so, then im not sure whats causing sptd.sys to show up.

you should try uninstalling and reinstalling sptd.sys. go to the dwnload section and get the tool
              thanks, but i'm not the one who has a problem with this. :wink: everything works fine for me.

but i hope it works for "Jakob_A". :wink:

Comment

That warning message being displayed during a regular boot? I've never heard of such a thing.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                X