New FF7 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New FF7 Problem

This problem has been driving me crazy, as most of the literature on the internet doesn't help me. I have Final Fantasy 7 (PC) installed on my computer, and yes I did buy the game (and I have attempted to go out and buy it again, but it is impossible to find ), but the discs were all lost during a move. My issue is that I have the files on my computer, and I have gotten the game to load, but upon pressing NEW on the main menu, I am greeted with the "Please insert disc 1" graphic with Aeris. Using Daemons, what is the best way (detailed description please, if possible) to load my ff7 root file onto disks that will allow me to play. Any support appreciated. Thanks a lot.

do you have images created before you lost the discs?

Comment

No

No, I didn't. Is it possible to do anything with the root file installed on my computer?

Comment

No, sorry

Comment

Re: lost in a move

Last time I moved I lost a bunch of games and cdkeys. So I guess it's a good idea to make electronic backups of your cdkeys too.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thanks

Thanks anyway, I had a feeling this was going to be the case. This wouldn't be a problem if I could find it in a store, I've been to three EBgames and a more local store with no luck. I almost jumped over the counter when the dude told me that he "never got rid of his copy and still plays it "every once in a while". jerk.

Comment

Originally Posted by slimtagye
              This wouldn't be a problem if I could find it in a store, I've been to three EBgames and a more local store with no luck.
              If you really want to buy this game there are plenty of copies on ebay, I just looked (authenticity uncertain )

Comment

That's odd. On my newer PC I HAVE TO dump the images to play this game and mount with Daemon or any Virtual Drive(FF7 is too old to blacklist). Funny thing is, this and a couple old games won't run from my CD or DVD drive. Just thought I'd introduce some irony to this forum because my situation is somewhat opposite. It don't bother me though, mounted images are faster ftw

Comment

Working...
                X