Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I change my virtual drive to D: if I can't see the letter in the option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I change my virtual drive to D: if I can't see the letter in the option?

I installed a game on my drive D: earlier today. It must detect a cd to play. I mounted the game on my virtual drive which is F: and it still ask for the CD so I figured I maybe have to put my virtual drive as D: drive.

I read the FAQ on how to change the virtual drive letter but when I click on the scroll down button, I only have a choice from letter F: to Z:.

C: is my HD
    D: is my burner/cdrom
    E: is my cd/rom
    F: is my virtual drive.

My question is how can I change my Buner letter to anything else so I can change the vritual drive letter to D: and try if the games work.

Thanks for the help.

-Eclyptic

Press Start-> Run
    Type in "diskmgmt.msc" without the "".
    Now search for your drive d:.
    Right-click on it and change the drive letter e.g. to Z.
    Then change the drive letter of your virtual drive to D: using Daemon-Tools.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I tried doing what you suggested as I am in the same predicament as AnalCobra. I was unsuccesful in running the game. When I switched in my case the E drive to Z, then mounted the image to the virtual "E" drive, I then recieved a message to insert the cd into drive Z. Thoughts?
      Thanks
      I am a super noob with this. I searched the forums for info previous to posting.

Comment

name of the game

fixepah, please tell us the name of the game and what patch version of the game you are using.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
        X