Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to fin device manager and registry editor

Originally Posted by bobtheburrito
    When trying to install 4.0.3 I get the SPTD setup error message "Failed to oped config key" after the "This program will install SCSI Pass..." message.

Steps I took to get this:
    Run 4.0.3 install
    Used installer to uninstall 3.47, installer closed
    Ran installer again, restarted comp to continue install
    Ran installer again, it did not start automatically.
    Accepted agreement and clicked ok for SPTD Setup info message.
    Received "Failed to oped config key"(yes oped not open)

Operating System: WinXP Pro(fully updated)
    Burning Software: Nero 6.X
    Anti-Virus/Spyware: AVG, MS Antispyware(beta), Spybot
    DAEMON Tools Version: 4.0.3 X86

Things I've tried to fix:
    Ran starforce removale program from here:
    Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! onlinesecurity-on.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf onlinesecurity-on.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

I never got 4.0 to work. I tried many suggestions and fixes all over this forum, such as uninstalling DT manually, registery fixes, starforce removale, ect... DT 3.47 runs great. Hope this was enough info!

<3 DT

-Bob
    Hello! I got Error when i installed Daemon tools again: Some driver has invalid name or conflicts with other file... I read some article about this error and understood what i have to do to remove drivers, but where i can find registry editor and device manager to do all steps? I know this isnt the right place where to post it but please could someone help me? Thanks.

Originally Posted by NfO
    Hi !

I have read the suggestions like this:

"5. In WinNT/2000/XP/2003 open registry editor and check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es for entries with same names as Daemon driver files. Delete these keys. If you can't delte them rightclick the key and set the rights of access and retry to delte them."

But I can NOT set the rights of access because I use Win2000 OS (pro, SP4) and it's regetit doesn't allow to do this!

What should I do then - kill myself?

I can boot in Win98 and copy registry folder, but how can I edit the copy? (file "System" with no extension)
    The WInXP regedit can open and edit such copy file, but Win2K regedit - can not.
    Can you reccommend a third paty regedit or how can I launch WinXP regedit under Win2K?
    Hello! I got Error when i installed Daemon tools again: Some driver has invalid name or conflicts with other file... I read some article about this error and understood what i have to do to remove drivers, but where i can find registry editor and device manager to do all steps? I know this isnt the right place where to post it but please could someone help me? Thanks.

Comment

Help

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
      Can someone tell me where to fin device manager and registry editor on my computer - Windows XP? thanks.

Comment

Start-> Run, for registry editor type 'regedit' and press ok.
        For device manager press right-click on my computer, properties. Then press on Hardware after that you'll see a button 'Device Manager'.
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

MaleMen, I put your posts in one topic. Don't crosspost in the future.

What version of DAEMON Tools are you installing?
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thanks

Sorry for that i was desperate but now its ok and i have damon tools installed again... Thanks guys!And i wanted to ask how to mount a game?

Comment

Please bother to read the fine manual.
              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
              X