HELP! Daemon Tools prevents recognition or burning of blank discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Daemon Tools prevents recognition or burning of blank discs

My DVD drive was working A-OK before I installed Daemon Tools!

Now, if there is no blank dvd in the drive, it will say DVD-RW Drive (D: ). When a blank DVD is inserted, it says CD Drive. When I double click, it says D:\ is inaccessible. Incorrect function. I have followed the instructions in this thread and this thread. I would really love to resolve this issue without completely wiping out my HD. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If DAEMON Tools is uninstalled and SPTD is removed then its another system problem causing your issue.

p.s. Why would you double click a blank disc? What is supposed to happen, Nero or Easy CD Creator gets launched?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

For testing purposes.... >.>

Comment

I have this exact same problem.

I have 3 pc's at home. I use Daemom tools on all 3 from time to time. I dont write alot of DVD's , but when I wanted to use my drive recently. This same problem happened to me.

Put a Blank disk in, and the drive states its a Cd Drive, and there is no Accesible disk in it, thus I cant start writing Discs.

After mutliple uninstalls reinstalls of drives External drives etc. I realize it must be something in the Registry, I tried it on the other PC's and the same thing happened. It is definatly related to Daemon, how i dont know. But for some reason its messing up my DVD drives.

the CD-RW Drives work fine, its just the DVD-RW drives.

Any help would be appreciated. Truly not in the mood to reinstall all 3 pc's.

Comment

Working...
        X