emulate starforce 3 protecteds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emulate starforce 3 protecteds?

can the next version of d-tools emulated starforce 3 protecteds?

Even the current Version can emulate Starforce3, at least if you disconnect all IDE-Drives.

Comment

Why do you have to disconnect all IDE drives? Sorry if it's a stupid question

Comment

Because Starforce3 uses own IDE-driver which refuses to run the game from SCSI-devices if any IDE-CD-ROM is found in system; this includes any kind of virtual SCSI-devices.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Hi DAEMONIACs,

do You care about to improve DAEMON in this point ?
          In words: To make DAEMON-Tools STARFORCE-capable for emulation?

Or will it NEVER become possible without IDE-Disc. ??

Thanks very much for info.

Comment

Hi DAEMONIACs,

do You care about to improve DAEMON in this point ?
            Yes

Comment

Thanks for answer....

I forgot to mention that my CD-example was

WORLD WAR 2 FRONTLINE COMMAND - This game has this STARFORCE-Prot.

I can understand that no time prediction is possible from your side on this issue to be fixed, isn't it ?

Comment

Hi DAEMONIACs

If You are interested:

Would be nice to make additional comment there or here if more has to be said. Thank You very much :twisted:

Comment

ok, I answer those questions a last time to bring more light to the
                  StarForce-Problem:

StarForce is able to communicate directly (that means: WITHOUT need of
                  maybe hooked drivers) with the hardware. Or in other words:

A system, that only contain SCSI-CD-ROM's can emulate StarForce, whether if using Daemon Tools or Alcohol-Emulation. In all other configurations, the answer is simple: NO. To "Emulate" such a system, you have to UNPLUG your CD-ROM IDE-DRIVES. We're currently think about and develop workarounds, but
                  don't hold your breath. StarForce is a well designed, strong protection, so
                  it should be clear that we need some time for a "better" emulation than current one.
                  What concerns Plextor Premium: Yes, theoretical it's possible to write 1:1 copy of StarForce protected Games with this burner, but application must be able to write non-standard sector-density, and to my best knowledge, only Blindwrite
                  use such a feature, and only for Securom V4.8x. As mentioned already, it SHOULD be possible to backup such protected CD's, but it's to my best knowledge not yet supported by Blindwrite. BTW: My copy of a Starforce protected title works sometimes (done with P-Premium)
                  but later I found it seems a bug in the protection. Original works everytime, copy not in every drive and not in every case. You can believe us, we're working on this issue, as all other development teams (like BW-Team)
                  too. We keep you informed if there's any progress.

Comment

Working...
                  X