Help with Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

I've got the latest version of Daemontools, Alcohol, and Pr0t.St0p installed, but I still keep getting stopped cold by SecuROM.

I've been through all of the web help & suggestions and I thought I had everything configured properly, but apparently not. Being completely new to this, I'm 99% positive it's because I've missed something.

Can anyone help out here, please? I've been trying to get this to work for 4 days now & I'm knocking my head against a wall at this point.

Thanks.

Use CureRom or SecuRom Loader 1.2 instead of Pr0t.St0p.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion -- still no luck though. I've just tried both & still keep getting the same error, or a slight variation of it.

Is there a "How-to" available that's written for us noobs? I'm pretty certain at this point that I'm doing something wrong in the process, but I haven't yet been able to figure out what.

Thanks again.

Comment

You can see this thread why and how to use these extra tools for SafeDisk 4 and Securom 5/7 protection.
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

This may be more extreme than you want, but I just unplugged both my internal drives and only use my DVD±RW in an external USB enclosure. Then when I want to play one of the newer SecuROM protected games, I just turn off my DVD burner. Plays like a charm from the image with no physical optical drives to detect.

Comment

Thanks folks -- I've been away for work, but now that I'm back I'll try your suggestions. I'll let you know how things turn out.

Keep yer fingers crossed....

Comment

Working...
            X