Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running Chaos Theory from backup or image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Chaos Theory from backup or image?

howdy all,

New to the DT forums. (waves)

I'm trying to learn about bypassing the new StarForce copy protection, specifically as it's implemeted in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

I've seen a lot of threads here about it; in fact, there are so many that my searches turn up way too much info. A lot of your discussions assume some knowledge of earlier disussions and I can't quite sort it out.

If I understand it correctly, you can mount an SC:CT image with DT4, using emulation, and then disable some other drives to get the game to run. I've seen a lot of threads where system config is significant, so here's mine:

Mobo: Asus A7V8X-X, VIA KT-400 Chipset
    Hard drives attached to onboard primary IDE
    DVDs attached to onboard secondary IDE
    Windows XP Prof, SP2
    Daemon Tools 4.00HE

Could someone point me to a thread or website that contains what info I would need to make SCCT work? Also, can you do approximately the same emulations with Alcohol 120%?

Thanks for your time,

G.

Hi Gersen, welcome to the Daemon Tools Forum!

You need to create an image of SC:CT with the latest version of Alcohol 120%, using the StarForce profile. But beware: The StarForce drivers interfere with Alcohol's DPM process (which, as part of the image creation, measures some disc characteristics) so the image won't work. Thus, you need to uninstall the drivers first.

Once you've created the image (using low DPM extraction speeds for CDs, high DPM extraction speed for DVDs), you need to circumvent the SCSI blacklist. You can either do this by unplugging your optical IDE drives (i.e. all non-SCSI CD and DVD drives) or by using a third-party anti SCSI blacklist tool (as explained in greater detail in the Extra Programs Guide.

You can mount the image in Alcohol or Daemon Tools, as you like.

This should cover the basics, I hope. Should you need any more help, just ask.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
    X