i cant find my cd-rom or burner in my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i cant find my cd-rom or burner in my computer

i dont know what i did but i was trying to mount an ISO and i was messin with it and ended up not having my cd-rom drive or my cd burner in my computer. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling both daemon tools, and the drives, with no progress. i tried system restore and it didnt do anything. please someone tell me what ive done wrong and how to fix it

First: DON'T POST TWICE!!! THE MODERATORS CHECK ALL OF THE FORUMS AND GET CONFUSED AND ANNOYED WHEN THEY SEE THE SAME POST TWICE.

What os do you have? Have you or do you have easy cd installed? What other burning soft do you have? Please provide more details...

Comment

sorry itsjust at the time i was quite mad and wanted it fixed as fast as possible.... im running xp, my burning program is hp cd writer. i dont have easy cd creator. any idea whats wrong or do u need more info?

Comment

Try this:

Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

Comment

i love you! thank you very very much

Comment

No big deal - that's what we're here for

Comment

hi all i have the same problem but i have windows 98 se

please help me i'm despered!!!!

thanks in advence!
              elad

Comment

Why don't you simply check MS Knowledgebase yourself??
                Did you try and delete the drives in device manager and reboot??

Comment

Same problems....

OK I checked through the MS Knowledgebase and it did NOT help me resolve these SAME issues. First; my system specs:

733mhz PIII,
                  ASUS P3V4X mobo,
                  Windows XP Pro; no SP1 installed.
                  896mb SDRAM,
                  2 internal hdds,
                  2 external hdds,
                  Acer DVD-ROM 16x40 drive,
                  TDK 16x10x40 CD-RW,
                  SB Audigy Platinum w/IEEE 1394 sound card,
                  3D Prophet II Ultra 64mb vid card

I have used older versions of Daemon Tools with NO problems for quite some time. After upgrading to the 3.26 version, shortly after is when these issues occurred, and as of Tuesday night; 12-17-02, my CD-RW, DVD-Rom, SB Audigy card ALL do not load up on bootup. I HAVE tried uninstalling the devices, rebooting, and allowing WinXP to try to reinstall them. I even tried uninstalling the actual hardware from inside the system, rebooting to allow the registry to clear those devices, then shutting down, reinstalling the hardware, and booting up again. NOTHING WORKED. The device drivers have been corrupted somehow due to Daemon Tools. This is the error they all show in Device Manager when I access the properties of each of these devices:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

Nothing on MS's site has helped, and I have looked through a crapload of threads here and NO suggestions have resolved this issue. I'd like to NOT have to reformat my C:\ drive to resolve this issue. So if anyone has an additional suggestions to resolve these major problems, I'd be extremely appreciative for them.

Comment

Yupyupyup... Im having same problem, and it hit me haaaaaaard!

No cdrom (ide);
                    INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
                    no cd-r (scsi) and no dvd(scsi).
                    Cannot reinstall, im just getting a code 39; no driver found or corrupt...

Sooooo....... IF THIS MEANS I HAVE TO REFORMAT, SOMEONE GONNA DIE!
                    And i mean it. I really really mean it.
                    Coz my harddisk are full, so i cant backup the shit on cd, COZ MY CD-R AINT WORKING!

Agh, agh gaghh, guggh *die*... Ok, im not gonna kill anyone, but -I- will for sure die, die die

Comment

any chance of using Windows XP's rollback feature? (or whatever it's called in the english version)

sG
                      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Not at all.
                        Havent had a reboot on my computer for 3 weeks, so there was no rollback available.

But, after one looooooong night of problem-solving, it finally solved.
                        But, it was several stages involved:

First, i looked for relevant topics in ms knowledge base, directed to "code 39". Had to do some registry changes there.

next, i had to remove all stuff related to cd burner, of software.
                        Then a complete reinstall of EZCD creator.
                        And heck, dont you think it STILL didnt work??
                        So it ended up with lotsa trials and errors, and Roxios forum gave me a solution:
                        On their homepages is a tool to FORCE installation of updated software, which i had to use... It showed that the patch didnt install completely all software and aborted in the process, but didnt tell bout it....BAH!

Comment

We provide NO support for systems having Easy CD Creator installed.
                          You could read about it in readme and manual.

Comment

My cd drives disappeared after installing Dtools3.33 on Win XP sp1

My cd drives not only disappeared from My Computer (explorer)as in earlier posts, but from my system entirely(Device manager and New hardware wizard unable to locate either of my IDE cd drives.Also BIOS couldn't find drives either. The new virtual SCSI drive was there but nada on the two originals. System Restore did nothing. I had to uninstall Dtools then shut down computer, remove power cord, remove IDE cable from MB replace and reboot allowing BIOS to redetect (it wouldn't redetect until after I went through the hoops listed above) Any ideas on how to proceed as I would like to have Dtools on this partition(an actual separate hard drive in fact on dual boot computerWin 98SE and Win XP Pro sp1)
                            I have used many versions of Dtools on my Win 98SE partition on this computer and on all three of my other machines on my LAN and think it is awesome software I have many cd's that I prefer to keep in pristine condition in their jewel cases while I use images of them instead.

Comment

im using xp sp2 (i think, might be sp1);
                              INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
                              p4 @2.02ghz, 512mb ram

my cd drive is missing from my computer. it is still under the device manager, but uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling has no effect . ive also tried the kb way, but it didnt do anything for me and have looked through the kb for something that might help, but there was nothing that worked.

dont know if this will help but...just before the drive disappeared forever (daemon tools has always used the cd drive's letter (e) for some reason, but the cd drive always came back after disabling the virtual drive) i started getting errors when unmounting and disabling the virtual drives, something about the device being locked (while unmounting) and daemon tools crashing when disabling. i have tried uninstalling daemon tools and then reinstalling the drive but again, no effect. is there some way i could fix this without taking my comp apart? (it is still under warranty and if all else fails ill get the store to fix it)

Comment

Working...
                              X