X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SysWow64\drivers\SSHDRV65.sys

So, i found a failure on the Event viewer called "Application Popup"
    It says something about incompatiblity, here in German:
    Das Laden von "\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\drivers\SSHDRV65.sys" wurde aufgrund einer Inkompatibilität mit diesem System geblockt. Wenden Sie sich an den Softwarehersteller, um eine kompatible Version des Treibers zu erhalten.
    So i made a search and found that it has something todo with
    "SSHDRV65.SYS - At your option

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sshdrv65.sys
    SSHDRV65.SYS is related to CD protection software"
    But which CP ? Dunno, so i hope somebody could help me to explain.
    You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
    sysProfile (Click me)

That's the ProtectCD driver.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

But an older one... the newer ProtectCD-Driver is "acedrv05.sys" and does work under Windows XP x64 too (located in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers" there also)...
      I could try to send you my "acedrv05.sys" and you put it in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers" and rename it to "SSHDRV65.sys", so it would get used if the 32Bit "SSHDRV65.sys"-Driver is loaded... Although I doubt it will work because it is probably more different to the old driver, but you could try it (although you might get BSODs - but through Safe Mode you should be able to remove that file again)...

But if you are not running any game with that protection anymore then I would say you just remove the driver...
      Last edited by ghost_zero; 23.05.2006, 22:21.

Comment

Okay thx, i dunno which of my games uses this one. So, how can i uninstall it ?
        sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Well, I would use pserv.cpl. There press F9 to get to the drivers, locate your driver, right-click and then you can try uninstall, although this probably want work, so you should use delete and then delete the driver file you located manually too...

But it should also be possible in the device manager through using the option "Show hidden devices" (or however it is called in English) [because I think you are German or at least you use German in Windows and also you are posting in German sections too: "Ausgeblendete Geräte anzeigen"]...
          Last edited by ghost_zero; 24.05.2006, 06:41.

Comment

Sicher bin ich Deutsch, dachte mir nur wenn ich schon english anfange höre ich auch English auf ^^

Also, habe mir pserv.cpl runtergeladen aber der Treiber wird dort nicht aufgelistet genausowenig unter Gerätemanager - Ausgeblendete Geräte. In meinen Augen verständlich da der Treiber ja schon immer zum Anfang des Windows starts geblockt wird wegen Inkompatiblität.

Einfach löschen will ich den net da er ja immernoch irgendwo eingetragen ist. Habe auch schon "rundll32.exe SSHDRV65.sys,UnregisterServer" gemacht aber dann sagt er mir das das Modul nicht gefunden wurde. Die Datei ist aber vorhanden. Muss doch irgendwie zu entfernen sein.

//EDIT
            So, nach naustart des Rechners habe ich beide Treiber gefunden, den acedrv05.sys & SSHDRV65.sys, habe die dann ausgeschaltet, Deisntalliert und gelöscht. Problem beseitigt Danke nochmals

In English: *Simply*
            Problem solved
            Last edited by Mystique; 24.05.2006, 08:12.
            sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Working...
            X