Doesn't work with dell laptops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't work with dell laptops

I just got a new laptop with windows xp installed. I get the "internal setup error. contact support" message when I try to install daemon v4.03-x86. It gives me the message after i hit next on the license agreement page. Anyone know what i can do to fix this so i can install Daemon?

don't work with dual core laptop

deamon tool can't install at all on a recent laptop wich is using dual core technology like dell D620 or D820

the installation don't boot at all and

for deamon tool 3 make crash the engine at least 4 or 5 time before to be install....

if you can found a solution it's great....

see you...

max

Comment

I have the same problem with my new laptop, i have tried everything i could find in the forums it would be great to see what the solutions could be.

Comment

Dell Laptops With this problems

Right,

I noticed that if i run as administrator (even tho loogged in under the local administrator) is when it worked both setup and tools, i the started invenstigating and it is the Dell EMBASSY suite (by WAVE) that causes this error on newer laptops even if you are not using smart cards. But after uninstalling these tools all deamon tools and other programs i was having problems with work 100% reglulary.

So may i suggest looking at that

Gaz

Comment

Dell 620 problem

Same here, trying to install on dell d620 with intel duo t2300

I Start setup, it says it have to reboot.

after reboot it says setup error contact support...

Anyone any idea??

Comment

None whatsoever. Maybe a little English-course?

Comment

Re: SPTD

Originally Posted by maarten111
              Same here, trying to install on dell d620 with intel duo t2300

I Start setup, it says it have to reboot.

after reboot it says setup error contact support...

Anyone any idea??
              Try disabling your antivirus AND firewall software and Dell EMBASSY suite (by WAVE), reboot to safe mode then run "sptdinst_x86.exe add" while in safe mode
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Dell Latitude D820 - Get the same "internal setup error"

I try to install either Alcohol or DT and right after I accept the license agreement the "internal setup error" pops up in BOTH setup programs . I've also tried running the sptd uninstaller located on this site, and it says sptd isn't even installed.

I'm trying to install it on a new Dell Latitude D820, 2.0 Duo, 2 gigs 667, 100 gig 7200, XP SP2. I've updated .Net to 2.0, (1.1 didn't work either) and I'm wondering if some of the built-in Dell stuff might be a problem? I was considering reinstalling windows as its still on the factory install, but it sounds like other people are having the same problem so I'd rather not have to do that if I don't have to.

I don't have any virus protection yet (just got it), and the only things running in the sys tray are dell quickset and some touchpad program that I can't imagine is a problem. I've tried uninstalling PowerDVD, and also tried changing the boot.ini, but neither of those worked either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comment

Try booting into Safe Mode and running sptdinst_x86.exe /add, then reboot and run DT setup again.

Comment

Dell Precision M65

Originally Posted by tipsymcstaggers
                    I try to install either Alcohol or DT and right after I accept the license agreement the "internal setup error" pops up in BOTH setup programs . I've also tried running the sptd uninstaller located on this site, and it says sptd isn't even installed.

I'm trying to install it on a new Dell Latitude D820, 2.0 Duo, 2 gigs 667, 100 gig 7200, XP SP2. I've updated .Net to 2.0, (1.1 didn't work either) and I'm wondering if some of the built-in Dell stuff might be a problem? I was considering reinstalling windows as its still on the factory install, but it sounds like other people are having the same problem so I'd rather not have to do that if I don't have to.

I don't have any virus protection yet (just got it), and the only things running in the sys tray are dell quickset and some touchpad program that I can't imagine is a problem. I've tried uninstalling PowerDVD, and also tried changing the boot.ini, but neither of those worked either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
                    I have the exact same problem with my new Dell Precision M65.
                    My specs are about the same as your machine (Duo 2.0, 2GB Ram, 80G 7200, nVidia Quadro FX 350, XP Pro SP2).
                    It is brand new with no previous installed Daemon tools.
                    There is a label on it that states: Windows Vista Capable (part of the Designed for Windows XP label). I have noticed that our problem is quite similar to the problems the Vista guys have.
                    The first time I tried to install DM the kernel warning popped up which resulted in a reboot (clicking on OK). All later attempts will generate the error message discussed in this thread.

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                      Try disabling your antivirus AND firewall software and Dell EMBASSY suite (by WAVE), reboot to safe mode then run "sptdinst_x86.exe add" while in safe mode
                      This is the solution
                      The Dell Embassy suite was the cause of my problem.
                      Uninstall it and you are good to go. Problem solved.
                      thx Underheaven

Comment

I was going to add that I have a Dell dual-core laptop and it installed fine. Remove all the garbageware they put on it ASAP.

Comment

Anyone have a solution to this besides removing Ebassy by Wave? I have the finger print reader and use it to log into the system and it will only work with this software.

I tried everything and sptd will not work with the software.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ziuck
                            Anyone have a solution to this besides removing Ebassy by Wave? I have the finger print reader and use it to log into the system and it will only work with this software.

I tried everything and sptd will not work with the software.
                            You can try to uninstall that program, install DAEMON Tools, REBOOT, and then reinstall that security software.
                            the modern world:
                            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                              You can try to uninstall that program, install DAEMON Tools, REBOOT, and then reinstall that security software.

That does not work. You get "Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for." in the event log.

Comment

Working...
                              X