Want to try out SF under Vista?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to try out SF under Vista?

I'm sure you will all jump at the chance to install SF under Vista so you can test it out for those fine folks from Russia.

Gameguru Mania is the world's leading source for PC, PS5, Xbox X, Switch video game news, reviews, previews, cheats, trainers, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

On the plus side, SF shouldn't have anywhere near the capabilities under Vista that it has under XP and below. In Vista, all drivers run at user level, not system level. This was to prevent a bad driver from crashing the machine. In theory, it should also prevent SF drivers from causing any sort of issue with CD/DVD drives. Mind you, I don't plan on finding out if I can at all avoid it.

Comment

hi Jito

so far i've managed to completely avoid any game with starforce protection
      i refuse to buy anything with that crap on it
      Last edited by Pyr0; 04.06.2006, 02:09.

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've only bought one game that had SF on it (Chaos Theory). Then I bought another copy through digital download hoping it would have a different copy protection than SF...I was wrong. Plus I've got two more copies that came with my video cards. However, now there's a way to play SCCT under x64 without any SF drivers being installed at all. While I don't condone warez, I have to say I'm glad the group who did it released this particular version. I started playing SCCT from the beginning last night. It felt good to play the SP game again.
        Last edited by Jito463; 04.06.2006, 06:52.

Comment

yikes :O
          4 copies of the same game, hehehe
          i never seem to get free games when i buy gfx cards
          Last edited by Pyr0; 04.06.2006, 02:10.

Comment

I've already contacted with the Starforce dev team, they told me they would work on it. Nice to see its released now, the previous version didn't work for me at all with TrackMania Nations. I will check this out now.

Edit

It still doesn't work with TrackMania Nations, anyone got this working?
            Last edited by FnF; 09.06.2006, 08:17.
            CureROM Support Team

Comment

Working...
            X