PDA

View Full Version : Unreadable mounting?

ph8
04.06.2006, 09:28
Hi Guys,

I've got an image (.iso) which I have mounted and used successfully on three Windows XP machines using daemon tools. On one machine however the iso mounts but when i view the DVD in 'My Computer' all the files are there but none of them are runnable and/or copyable to the Desktop. When I try either of these operations, I see an error.

Obviously it's something specific with this copy of Windows XP but I can't think what it is for the life of me, things i've tried:

a) Verified the .iso with an md5sum
b) Uninstalled Daemon Tools (add/remove) and re-installed
c) Noticed that there had been a previous copy of daemon tools which hadn't uninstalled right (program wasn't there but fake cd drive was) - couldn't get the cd drive to disappear so i've installed over the top of it (which should be fine?) * might be the problem? *

Thanks in advance!

ph8

AnalCobra
04.06.2006, 19:42
Uninstall all Daemon-Tools versions you installed on the computer. You can see these threads for manually removing it if you can't remove it using the uninstall:
DT 4:
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t6992-how-to-remove-daemon-tools-v4.html
DT 3.x:
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t2138-error-25002-invalid-driver-names-or-driver-conflict-or-how-to-remove-daemon-tools-drivers.html

Then download the latest DT (4.03) from the d-load section and install that version.
Now try again.

mediacal
04.06.2006, 20:47
When I mount an .iso with dt and I try to open the virtual drive in my Pc, it gives me an error "windows cant read the disc. Its possible that the disc is damaged or it uses a format not compatible with windows".
how can I know if the iso is corrupted?

AnalCobra
05.06.2006, 09:21
When I mount an .iso with dt and I try to open the virtual drive in my Pc, it gives me an error "windows cant read the disc. Its possible that the disc is damaged or it uses a format not compatible with windows".
how can I know if the iso is corrupted?
That really sounds that the image is broken/corrupt.
Just create a new image and try that one or try an image of another cd/dvd.