Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreadable mounting?

Hi Guys,

I've got an image (.iso) which I have mounted and used successfully on three Windows XP machines using daemon tools. On one machine however the iso mounts but when i view the DVD in 'My Computer' all the files are there but none of them are runnable and/or copyable to the Desktop. When I try either of these operations, I see an error.

Obviously it's something specific with this copy of Windows XP but I can't think what it is for the life of me, things i've tried:

a) Verified the .iso with an md5sum
    b) Uninstalled Daemon Tools (add/remove) and re-installed
    c) Noticed that there had been a previous copy of daemon tools which hadn't uninstalled right (program wasn't there but fake cd drive was) - couldn't get the cd drive to disappear so i've installed over the top of it (which should be fine?) * might be the problem? *

Thanks in advance!

ph8

Uninstall all Daemon-Tools versions you installed on the computer. You can see these threads for manually removing it if you can't remove it using the uninstall:
    DT 4:

DT 3.x:

Then download the latest DT (4.03) from the d-load section and install that version.
    Now try again.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

When I mount an .iso with dt and I try to open the virtual drive in my Pc, it gives me an error "windows cant read the disc. Its possible that the disc is damaged or it uses a format not compatible with windows".
      how can I know if the iso is corrupted?

Comment

Originally Posted by mediacal
        When I mount an .iso with dt and I try to open the virtual drive in my Pc, it gives me an error "windows cant read the disc. Its possible that the disc is damaged or it uses a format not compatible with windows".
        how can I know if the iso is corrupted?
        That really sounds that the image is broken/corrupt.
        Just create a new image and try that one or try an image of another cd/dvd.
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Working...
        X