Please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help!!

I repaired my windows xp yesterday and after that my computer can't find any cdrom drives. Windows says that their driver is installed but the cdroms don't seem to be. The bios finds the cdroms and I can can boot from cd so obviously the cd roms are installed properly. Another strange thing is that D-Tools can set devices but it can't set drive letter and make it show in windows. It's like windows blocks all cd-drives!
    Can anyone help me and give me some tips what to do, please?!

Check related thread in common problems and solutions forum.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

SPTD Problem

My problem is that when I try and install daemon tools or alcohol, I get the installer for SPTD which wants me to restart and continue the install after the reboot. Unfortunately after the reboot it wants to install SPTD and reboot. It does this over and over. So my question is, has anybody else encounter this and what do I need to do to get Daemon installed?

===========
      Trying to install daemon403-x64.exe with:

AMD x64 3000+
      1 GB Ram
      WinXP Pro x64 Edition

(sorry about posting here but I dont seem to be able to create a new thread)

Comment

Try to disable anti virus and firewall software during SPTD layer installation.
        Also check the registry for the following key:
        HKey_Local_Machine\Software\ 19659239224e364682fa4baf72c53ea4
        delete it, if it still exists (actually it is volatile key of sptd layer setup, which should disappear after reboot).

Comment

sptd issues as well

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
          Try to disable anti virus and firewall software during SPTD layer installation.
          Also check the registry for the following key:
          HKey_Local_Machine\Software\ 19659239224e364682fa4baf72c53ea4
          delete it, if it still exists (actually it is volatile key of sptd layer setup, which should disappear after reboot).

I am acutally having the same issue as sauce. I have tried what you suggested copytrooper. Upon searching the registry I did not find the above mentioned entry. I have also already tried disabling my antivirus (not running a firewall on my computer ) Any other ideas as for things to try?

Also, I don't know if sauce is getting this window as well, but right before I get the prompt to reboot my computer I get a prompt warning that sptd will not run on a computer running msdebg or something like that (kernel debugging software.) I get that prompt every time before i am prompted to reboot my computer and enter the endless loop .

Thanks in advance for all help provided.

Running:
          windows xp 64bit
          symatec antivirus
          no firewall

Comment

If you installed all latest Windows updates for x64 Edition check related thread in common problems and solutions forum.
            It's probably the kernel update causing the problem.

Comment

After uninstall "Update for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB914784)"
              Daemon again work correctly, but it not very good solution of this question.
              Sry for my eng

Comment

Working...
              X