Daemon Tools on Removable HDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools on Removable HDD

Ok, what I would like to know is how I can put daemon tools on a removable HDD and be able to plug it into a laptop, boot daemon tools off of the removable drive, and then be able to play a game that is on the removable drive. Would I have to edit the registry? Can anyone help me out with this?

I know the basics to daemon tools, like mounting .iso images and stuff. But as for technical stuff I am pretty much lost.

Thanks for the help.

nah, wouldnt be that easy.. theres drivers involved.....

best step would be to just copy dt installer onto the removable drive, and install that way, dt is a bit more complex than a reg patch+file copy
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Ok, what if I did this, What if I installed daemon tools on the laptop HDD (not the removable one). Then had the .iso's and program files on the removable drive and link them from there? Would that work. I guess the thing I don't want are the program files on the laptop. I can daemon tools and the isos on it. The thing is the laptop doesn't have a CD drive. As long as I can leave the game files on the removable drive I can live with that but if someone knows how to get it all to run on the removable drive then that would be great.

Comment

That should work, but turn off auto-mount, so you won't get any trouble if the removable hdd is not present.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
        X