Installing Dtools v3.29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Dtools v3.29

Hi, I keep trying to install dtools, but everytime I restart (as per the installation instructions) I get a BSOD. The BSOD happens right when i'm entering windows, which is when dtools is supposed to start installing. I've heard that this was a common issue, so how do I fix it? I also think it has something to do with virtual SCSI; the driver or something related to it.

What OS are you installing DAEMON Tools 3.29 on?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

windows xp sp2, with what I assume is the latest stuff. The latest v4 stuff works fine, but I need 3.29 for chankast.

Comment

V3.29 is not supported anymore.
        Do you have minidump related to that crash? Sent it to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

3.29 problem

I like to install daemon tool 3.29 but when i try it says a higher version is already install so can someone help please???

Comment

Re: 3.29

Originally Posted by meilod00
            I like to install daemon tool 3.29 but when i try it says a higher version is already install so can someone help please???
            Okay, obvious questions:

1) Did you uninstall the newer version?
            1a) If so, did you try reinstalling the newer one then properly uninstalling it?
            2) Why are you using 3.29?
            3) Did you rename any of the default driver names?
            4) What OS and Service pack are you on and what other DAEMON Tools versions besides 3.29 have you ever installed?

@menotbug: You've probably got a conflicting driver or CD filter installed.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
            X