Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KB914784 error, I still get the message even without the update ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KB914784 error, I still get the message even without the update ...

Right my computer updated on the 13th (now I know why no one likes the number 13 so much) and I've been getting an error message trying to run/install Daemon Tools and many other similer programs. So okay I decided to uninstall that update I did, still came up. So I uninstalled them all (13th+ ones) and no avil.

Is there ANY way (apart from formatting) I can I mount CD/DVD images with or without DT?

Try to un- and re-install SPTD layer. Some users reported that they needed to do so in order to get it working again.
    Download sptdinst_x64 (in our download section) and execute form a command line (e.g. DOS box) sptdinst_x64 remove, reboot. Then execute sptdinst_x64 add. Please disable anti virus and firewall software during this, or run sptdinst in safe mode.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Downloaded sptdinst_x64.exe ...

What is the command I would type exactly in MSDOS? I am rubbish with commands.

The directory is "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\sptdinst_x64.exe"

Comment

Well, I have ran it "remove" and it said it was NOT installed so logically I installed it "add" okay looked good so I rebooted as asked to. However DT still does not work and if I try and remove it it says that it is NOT installed.

Comment

Fixed Formated ...

Comment

yes, this error is under XP 64bit

i have it, too

Comment

KB 914784 is bad

Comment

It's not a bad update, it's just an unnecessary one. And MS should have pushed the info about it out to developers before releasing it so any necessary updates could have been made beforehand. If they had done that, there wouldn't have been any problems.

Comment

does Microsoft ever not send an update through AU the same day as release?

Originally Posted by Jito463
                  It's not a bad update, it's just an unnecessary one. And MS should have pushed the info about it out to developers before releasing it so any necessary updates could have been made beforehand. If they had done that, there wouldn't have been any problems.
                  Do Microsoft sometimes release a patch but not send it down to be automatically installed until a week or so has passed? I thought MS sometimes did this with risky patches they knew could break applications.
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

With that said, is there any way to prevent the updating of and by specific KB issues, such as KB914784?

--ScottKin

Comment

Working...
                    X