Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toca Race Driver 3 Patch1.1 out!

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone tried out the Toca race driver 3 patch?
    Does the protection Change? Does DT still work perfect with it?

The reason why i ask is that i lended my toca 3 to a friend and the looser left on holiday with it... so i can't try it before i get my game back

Thanks for the replies!

Sincerely
    SFkilla23
    http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

The patch updates the protection to 3.7.16.4 and the game won't run anymore using an image.

Edit: Using a mini image (created with Quickmount) the game runs after applying the patch.
    Last edited by Reef; 23.06.2006, 23:33.

Comment

Great! A big thank you for the info....i can't wait to try it out!
      And...quickmount? where is this from? a new toy?

Comment

It in the 3rd party downloads section.

Comment

yep... found it yesterday after this post... thank you!

Comment

Originally Posted by sfkilla23
            Hi all,
            I was wondering if anyone tried out the Toca race driver 3 patch?
            Does the protection Change? Does DT still work perfect with it?

The reason why i ask is that i lended my toca 3 to a friend and the looser left on holiday with it... so i can't try it before i get my game back

Thanks for the replies!

Sincerely
            SFkilla23
            there is a easy way to check what kind of protection a game has by simply scanning the game dir or the cd/DVD by using X Ray scanner(free)(Dunno what the link is to that site but I don't think it won't be to hard to find it
            Nothing is real in this world, only your fantasy represents the truth

Comment

Hi,
              I installed the 1.1 patch, but now my game won't work. I've tried all sorts of blacklisting tools, the quickmount thing (although i may not be using it properly), mdf files from copybase.ch, and even mini-images but i still cannot get it to work.
              when i go to run the game, it takes a long time to check the disc, then comes up with an erorr saying the disc is no recognized - please insert an authentic disc.
              Help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Does the game run from your original disc?

Comment

Originally Posted by fuzzilogyc
                  Hi,
                  I installed the 1.1 patch, but now my game won't work. I've tried all sorts of blacklisting tools, the quickmount thing (although i may not be using it properly), mdf files from copybase.ch, and even mini-images but i still cannot get it to work.
                  when i go to run the game, it takes a long time to check the disc, then comes up with an erorr saying the disc is no recognized - please insert an authentic disc.
                  Help would be appreciated. Thanks
                  Is the patch worth it or its just a protection update??????? ... in that case i won't update!
                  It runs great anyway.

thanks for replying!

Comment

Originally Posted by sfkilla23
                    Is the patch worth it or its just a protection update??????? ... in that case i won't update!
                    It runs great anyway.

thanks for replying!
                    I guess you will need to install the patch if you want to play online.

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef
                      I guess you will need to install the patch if you want to play online.
                      i played online without prob before....do you mean i can't play now anymore ??? do i have to patch to play online ?? or i can still install and play like i usully do!

Sorry all those questions but i get my toca back on saturday!!!
                      and i wanna play online big time! (kick some ass in there)

Thanks for letting me know all this!

Sincerely
                      SFkilla23

Comment

when i installed the patch i could play online......and offline ofcourse.... but there were alot of problems: textures missing, framedrops, problems with steering......so i had lot of trouble with the patch....

Comment

The patch updates the protection to 3.7.16.4 and the game won't run anymore using an image.

Edit: Using a mini image (created with Quickmount) the game runs after applying the patch.
                          Can you provide some instructions on how to do this? I can't seem to get Toca RD3 working with the new patch.

Comment

Originally Posted by testing123
                            Can you provide some instructions on how to do this? I can't seem to get Toca RD3 working with the new patch.
                            This is how i do it... but quickmount is very good.
                            How to create a mini mds. Use alcohol120% latest version and check rmps etc...and start the creation of the image. Wait a minute or so and cancel the process. It will ask you if you want to keep or delete the files already created, You keep the files and thats it. The file you kept is what we actually call the mini.mds file (mainly used for safedisk i think)

as for quickmount, its easier than spelling it

Hope i helped a little.

Comment

Working...
                            X