Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War

Hey guys, I have noticed that of course just mounting with DTools doesnt work for RaF:CaW...I tried unplugging the IDE drives...no success...Any idea how I can pass this damn Starforce to play RaF:CaW?

I have an ASUS A7N8X if that will help an anyway (I think it has a nForce II chipset, not sure though)

If you guys need any more information let me know!

Thanks!!

I have the same problem with Rise and Fall. A friend of mine has a relatively new pc, which has the latest nforce chipset and he doesnt even need to unplug his IDE drives for it to work with d-tools!

Comment

Originally Posted by SoulVision
      Hey guys, I have noticed that of course just mounting with DTools doesnt work for RaF:CaW...I tried unplugging the IDE drives...no success...Any idea how I can pass this damn Starforce to play RaF:CaW?

I have an ASUS A7N8X if that will help an anyway (I think it has a nForce II chipset, not sure though)

If you guys need any more information let me know!

Thanks!!
      Did you install it with d-tools first and then tried to unplug your IDE drives? Since I've heard that Starforce 3.7 blacklists any kind of emulation software.
      If so you'll have to uninstall RaF:CaW, and the starforce drivers. Then unplugg your IDE drives and then install Raf:CaW. That should make it work with d-tools as long as your IDE drives are unplugged.

Comment

Originally Posted by eisen
        Did you install it with d-tools first and then tried to unplug your IDE drives? Since I've heard that Starforce 3.7 blacklists any kind of emulation software.
        If so you'll have to uninstall RaF:CaW, and the starforce drivers. Then unplugg your IDE drives and then install Raf:CaW. That should make it work with d-tools as long as your IDE drives are unplugged.
        Hey man I just uninstalled and tried what you said...I removed hte starforce drivers as well, then installed, and ran the game...it said "Verifying Disc" for about a minute or two, than proceeded to say Insert a validated disc or something of the sort, so still no luck.

Comment

Starforce 3.7 disables all SCSI based emulation devices I believe. You won't be able to run any SF3.7 games with emulation software until they start using IDE emulation. The only method I know of that works is burning a 1:1 copy using specific media. It's easiest with a CDRom version of the game. If you have a DVD version you can do it but they're far harder to locate since each brand has multiple media codes depending on the release. Do a search for Rise and Fall and you should find the previous topic which contains a list of usable DVD+RW media. The only type I know of that works for a CDR copy is 52X TDK CD-Rs. I can't guarantee it will work, but until the new emulation programs come out you're stuck with trying to make a 1:1 or using your original disk.

Comment

SCSI Blacklists - or why some perfect images won't run with Daemon Tools v4

Originally Posted by Draxanoth
            Starforce 3.7 disables all SCSI based emulation devices I believe.
            You can play games directly from the DAEMON Tools virtual drive, see this topic for more information:
            SCSI Blacklists - or why some perfect images won't run with Daemon Tools v4
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I'm also having trouble getting RaF to work. I've almost tried everything. I've unplugged my IDE Drives and used every program that was suggested. I still can't get it to work, or perhaps I'm doing it wrong?

Rise and Fall is protected by SF 3.7
              I have an ATI 9600 PRO (Which personally, I don't like.)

Comment

it isnt possible to make RAF run with out a CD, the new starforce 3.7 uses mediacodes to check the cd, and the only way to bypass that is to make a DVD-RW and then you might as well use your original. The only thing unplugging IDE does, is to prevent you getting their unstable ****** drivers on you harddrive.

Comment

Unplugging your IDE drives has nothing to do with whether or not the SF drivers are loaded. It just helps to prevent certain blacklist methods they use (such as blacklisting any SCSI drives found - like the virtual drives - if IDE drives are detected). The drivers will still be loaded and running on your system either way.

Comment

Working...
                  X