Having trouble emulating SafeDisc 4.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble emulating SafeDisc 4.6

I've been trying to make a backup disc image of quake 4 pc on dvd and it keeps freezing in the latest version of alcohol 120%. All I know is that it is protected by the most recent version of safedisc (v. 4.6), and it's gotta be pretty tough. Got any solutions.
    Last edited by holtvg; 16.08.2006, 22:17.

Just install the latest patch, it removes the protection.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      Just install the latest patch, it removes the protection.
      Where can I find that patch?

Comment

Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Why would the latest patch remove the copy protection? Don't they want it on there to keep people from copying the disc.

Comment

Originally Posted by holtvg
            Why would the latest patch remove the copy protection? Don't they want it on there to keep people from copying the disc.
            Because people like you have trouble playing the game!

Post #8 is particularly interesting if you don't want to read the whole thread.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

That's because i'm trying to make a copy of the game. With the original disc of course it's going to work fine with safedisc 4.6.
              Last edited by holtvg; 16.08.2006, 22:18.

Comment

If you apply the Quake 4 1.1 patch, it removes the disc checks and removes the need for the original disc to be in the drive...So if you want to make a non 1:1 copy that works, copy the disc and apply the official updates afterwards. Thats what I did after the first official update was released.

But if you dont want to do that, use CureROM to bypass the blacklisting with the image as there is no way atm to burn completely 100% working Safedisc 4.6 protected DVDs

Comment

Working...
                X