Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebooting problems...

Using Windows XP Pro.
    Using Nero for burning and had easy cd creator at one time.
    Version 3.33 of Daemon Tools.

My problem, like the title said, is that my computer reboots whenever I attempt to disable the amount of devices... As soon I click on disable, it shuts down my comptuer right away. Upon restarting, it goes to check the system to make sure all the files are fine but after it has checked them, it freezes there again so I have to manually reset. After that it starts up fine but Daemon Tools still has the artifical drive up. It was working before where I could disable it with no problem but suddenly this just started to happen and it's quite annoying... I believe this happened after I installed easy cd creator and uninstalled it again.

Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm quite ignorant when it comes to using my comptuer , so I may need some help on doing some things in the end.

Disable automatic reboot in case of BSOD, make sure cdr4_xp.sys and cdralw2k.sys are completely removed from your system, and check if youґve minidump (in windows\minidump folder) you can send us for further analysis.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I'm not too sure on how to disable the auto reboot for BSOD (As I said, ignorant on computers...) but I searched for those two files you mentioned and I found the cdralw2k.sys file still on my computer so I deleted it. After that I tried to disable that one drive but once again it restarted. Upon rebooting, I searched for those two files again just incase I missed one and once again, I found cdralw2k.sys on my system. I've deleted it again but that's all for now.

And yes I do have minidump that I can send but is there any address I should send it to specifically?

Comment

If you have dmp file, this is fine. You can send it to andareed@daemon-tools.cc.

Comment

Problem is caused by cdralw2k.sys. Please backup and delete all copies of this file on your computer. You should restart your computer after removing these files.

Comment

Yes it seems like that file was the problem. Didn't work the first time I uninstalled since I didn't restart I'm guessing then heh. Anyways it seems to be working fine now, I was able to disable that one device still on. After that my other cd-roms disappeared (-_-) but I was able to fix that by looking at other threads. So far things look good now. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Re: Rebooting problems...

Operating System: W XP
              Burning Software: Nero 5.5
              Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus
              DAEMON Tools Version: 3.32

Originally Posted by Ahirman
              Using Windows XP Pro.
              Using Nero for burning and had easy cd creator at one time.
              Version 3.33 of Daemon Tools.

My problem, like the title said, is that my computer reboots whenever I attempt to disable the amount of devices... As soon I click on disable, it shuts down my comptuer right away. Upon restarting, it goes to check the system to make sure all the files are fine but after it has checked them, it freezes there again so I have to manually reset. After that it starts up fine but Daemon Tools still has the artifical drive up. It was working before where I could disable it with no problem but suddenly this just started to happen and it's quite annoying... I believe this happened after I installed easy cd creator and uninstalled it again.

Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm quite ignorant when it comes to using my comptuer , so I may need some help on doing some things in the end.
              I have the same problem and I do not succeed to resolve it. :cry:
              I pray, I have need of aid. Thanks.

This text is to be translated on line.
              Excuse me for my english text.

Comment

Working...
              X