Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount to D:?

Hi,
    To run a program, I need to mount an image to the D drive, is that possible? If I look at the options, the drives are E: through Z, and I have searched all of the help forums. Is this possible? Or am I just out of luck?

Thanks in advance,
    Brice

Re: drive letters

Originally Posted by briceman92
    Hi,
    To run a program, I need to mount an image to the D drive, is that possible? If I look at the options, the drives are E: through Z, and I have searched all of the help forums. Is this possible? Or am I just out of luck?

Thanks in advance,
    Brice
    All the available drive letters are listed. When a letter is not listed - there is a reason. If D drive is your normal CDROM you will have to take care of that first (change its drive letter, unplug the drive, etc).
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
      All the available drive letters are listed. When a letter is not listed - there is a reason. If D drive is your normal CDROM you will have to take care of that first (change its drive letter, unplug the drive, etc).
      Ok, but will it still be considered my default drive? I need to be able to fake having a CD in the D: drive (or the default cd drive). I'd just burn a DVD, but I don't have a DVD burner, just a CD one. (700 MB max, not enough. )

Thanks

Comment

Why don't you try it and see what happens?
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I have the same problem, how do you change the drive letter? Because I can't find a way

Comment

Originally Posted by c@rtm@n
            I have the same problem, how do you change the drive letter? Because I can't find a way
            diskmgmt.msc ?

Option after you right click called "Change driver letter and path" But I should mention normally people have no trouble using the tray icon's options to change the drive letter.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I have also the samy problem. D is my DVD drive but i still cant set the drive letter to D. What do i have to do?

Comment

I think I may understand what is going on here......

Daemon tools is ment to work as a virtual drive, ALONG SIDE of your REAL drive(s).

For example, lets say that before installing daemon tools, you already have one hard drive, labeled as C:\, and one DVD-ROM drive labeled as D:\. Now, after installing daemon tools, you should now have ANOTHER DVD-ROM drive showing up as E:\.

Your CD image gets mounted into E:\ drive. Daemon tools has the ability to "inhance" your real drives (I.E. allowed burnt games be recognised as origional disks in most cases), but you cant mount in image in your real DVD-ROM drive, it has to be mounted in the virtual drive, E:\.

I think what they are tring to do is use daemon tools to mount in image in there real drives, which is impossable to do.

Comment

Working...
                X