PDA

View Full Version : SPTD.sys Will Not Install - Windows x64

MadModMike
27.06.2006, 00:42
I have looked at many many different posts and nothing has helped. I go to install Daemon Tools (or Alcohol x64) and it says to install SPTD.sys, I click "ok" and reboot. Upon rebooting, I go through the installation again and it asks the same thing. I have tried deleting the files (sptd.sys, sptdxxx.sys) and than reinstalling -- doesn't work.

I've tried to delete the sptd registry key, and it says "Cannot Delete SPTD: Error while deleting key". The huge problem is that I just reformatted with Windows XP Pro x64 so this is a BRAND NEW installation with nothing else installed. There is my 1 internal SATA RAID controller that shows up as SCSI to device manager (common occurance) but it never conflicted with it before.

I also tried installing and uninstalling sptd via the .exe, but again, nothing worked. I also tried installing D-Tools in safe mode and rebooting, and it still doesn't work. I've renamed and deleted scsiport.sys but it just re-creates itself every time I rename it or delete it, so it's futile.

I've tried everything people have suggested and SPTD just won't install...any help would be appreciated.

Underheaven
27.06.2006, 02:10
I've tried everything people have suggested

The one thing you have not mentioned is whether or not you have uninstalled the KB914784 patch as mentioned at the link below:

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t12103-after-update-of-xp-or-server-2003-x64-editions-daemon-tools-does-not-work-anymore.html

MadModMike
27.06.2006, 05:45
Wow....the one thing I do not try is the thing that fixes the issue...lol thanks alot. I was beginning to wonder if my x64 CD was bad but I remebered I ran Windows Update right after installation, thanks again for the help.

STanger
30.06.2006, 01:57
I'm having this same issue also on a fresh install with just a few programs installed..mirc..avast av...firefox...nothing that has interfered in the past at all ..but i integrated all the current hotfixes into my install base ..so is there anything i can do short of a total format reinstall with my original xp x64 cd??

Thanks in advance,
STanger

Underheaven
30.06.2006, 08:51
I'm having this same issue also on a fresh install with just a few programs installed..mirc..avast av...firefox...nothing that has interfered in the past at all ..but i integrated all the current hotfixes into my install base ..so is there anything i can do short of a total format reinstall with my original xp x64 cd??

Thanks in advance,
STanger
There is a way to boot an alternate Ntoskrnl.exe file via a boot.ini switch and revert to an older kernel but it would cause problems and I think making an install disc with older hotfixes would be easier.