SPTD.sys Will Not Install - Windows x64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPTD.sys Will Not Install - Windows x64

I have looked at many many different posts and nothing has helped. I go to install Daemon Tools (or Alcohol x64) and it says to install SPTD.sys, I click "ok" and reboot. Upon rebooting, I go through the installation again and it asks the same thing. I have tried deleting the files (sptd.sys, sptdxxx.sys) and than reinstalling -- doesn't work.

I've tried to delete the sptd registry key, and it says "Cannot Delete SPTD: Error while deleting key". The huge problem is that I just reformatted with Windows XP Pro x64 so this is a BRAND NEW installation with nothing else installed. There is my 1 internal SATA RAID controller that shows up as SCSI to device manager (common occurance) but it never conflicted with it before.

I also tried installing and uninstalling sptd via the .exe, but again, nothing worked. I also tried installing D-Tools in safe mode and rebooting, and it still doesn't work. I've renamed and deleted scsiport.sys but it just re-creates itself every time I rename it or delete it, so it's futile.

I've tried everything people have suggested and SPTD just won't install...any help would be appreciated.

Kb914784

Originally Posted by MadModMike
    I've tried everything people have suggested
    The one thing you have not mentioned is whether or not you have uninstalled the KB914784 patch as mentioned at the link below:

the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Wow....the one thing I do not try is the thing that fixes the issue...lol thanks alot. I was beginning to wonder if my x64 CD was bad but I remebered I ran Windows Update right after installation, thanks again for the help.

Comment

I'm having this same issue also on a fresh install with just a few programs installed..mirc..avast av...firefox...nothing that has interfered in the past at all ..but i integrated all the current hotfixes into my install base ..so is there anything i can do short of a total format reinstall with my original xp x64 cd??

Thanks in advance,
        STanger

Comment

Originally Posted by STanger
          I'm having this same issue also on a fresh install with just a few programs installed..mirc..avast av...firefox...nothing that has interfered in the past at all ..but i integrated all the current hotfixes into my install base ..so is there anything i can do short of a total format reinstall with my original xp x64 cd??

Thanks in advance,
          STanger
          There is a way to boot an alternate Ntoskrnl.exe file via a boot.ini switch and revert to an older kernel but it would cause problems and I think making an install disc with older hotfixes would be easier.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
          X