Physical drives still missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical drives still missing

My dvd-rom drive and cd burner have disappeared completely since installing daemon tools. They don't show up in the device manager at all, and I've already tried the solutions in the thread in common problems (or as much as I could without device manager), uninstalled and reinstalled daemon tools, got rid of sptd.sys, etc. In the few other threads with the same problem it has been blamed on the hardware itself and the drives were physically removed and reinstalled, however for obvious reasons I'd rather keep that as a last resort. I also find it hard to believe that daemon tools had nothing to do with the disappearance considering that both drives went missing at the same time and that I've never had this problem before, so I doubt that removing them would work. If anyone has any other ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Check your registry for the upperfilter and lowerfilter keys. If they say anything other than cdrom, make a note of what else is written there and change it so only the cdrom listing remains. Reboot and see if that clears up your problem. It's not caused by Daemon Tools directly, but there's a possibility there could be some software conflict with another program that leads to this error (whether caused by DTools or the other software I couldn't say, as I'm just guessing here).

If that works, and there were additional listings in those keys, you could start adding the lines back in and rebooting until you find the source of the problem.

Comment

Sorry for the late response, but I tried what you said and it still isn't working

Comment

Working...
      X