PDA

View Full Version : Kb914784

isopropanol
29.06.2006, 13:27
I can almost guarantee that a windows update made this message appear on my system. I rebooted yesterday without any problems. Today I installed a group of updates, reboot and blam I get the windows 2000 yada yada kernel debugger message. I don't have time right now to research which one caused the problem, but I installed:

...other patch numbers deleted
KB914784

I'm using XP 64 Pro and DT 64 bit.

DarkManX4lf
29.06.2006, 16:47
I can almost guarantee that a windows update made this message appear on my system. I rebooted yesterday without any problems. Today I installed a group of updates, reboot and blam I get the windows 2000 yada yada kernel debugger message. I don't have time right now to research which one caused the problem, but I installed:

KB914784

I'm using XP 64 Pro and DT 64 bit.

yeah the same thing happened to me after i installed a set of windows updates yesterday this problem with the kernel debugger occurred

IrcGhost
29.06.2006, 17:54
hi,
a friend of minde installed dt v4.0, and he's got a totally new computer and everything...but he made a stupid mistake he installed dt4.0 while he has kenneldebugger on his computer so now every 4 to 6 times he tries to start his computer, the computer craches (somewhere before the boot-screen) does anybody know this problem? He uninstalled it offcourse but doesn't seems to work...

any suggestions?
p.s. sorry for my bad english,..i'm Dutch;)

theminority
29.06.2006, 21:40
Ive been having a problem installing DT for xp x64, it tells me i need to restart, so i do, but then when i get back to my desktop, it restarts the installation from the beginning and i have to restart again, so i cant get any further in the installation.

Thanks

theminority
29.06.2006, 22:37
i was told that to uninstall i would need to run
c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB914784$\spuninst\spuninst .exe

but i cannont find the directory

please help

thanks.

Copytrooper
29.06.2006, 22:58
It's hidden, you've to configure Explorer to show all system and hidden files and folders in options first.

AnalCobra
29.06.2006, 23:07
You also can uninstall it by using the Add/Remove function of WIndows. Just go to System Control -> Software. Then enable to show the Updates files. Now search for the Update fileand click remove.

Underheaven
30.06.2006, 10:57
hi,
a friend of minde installed dt v4.0, and he's got a totally new computer and everything...but he made a stupid mistake he installed dt4.0 while he has kenneldebugger on his computer so now every 4 to 6 times he tries to start his computer, the computer craches (somewhere before the boot-screen) does anybody know this problem? He uninstalled it offcourse but doesn't seems to work...

any suggestions?
p.s. sorry for my bad english,..i'm Dutch;)
Remove windows\system32\drivers\SPTD.sys using safe mode.

Underheaven
30.06.2006, 10:59
yeah the same thing happened to me after i installed a set of windows updates yesterday this problem with the kernel debugger occurred
You don't have to look through that big list. The problem patch is: KB914784

IrcGhost
30.06.2006, 11:58
Thx, I'll try fixing that problem later when he's back from is holiday..;) (off topic)Now I'm going to focuse myself on Hitman Blood Money, because I've got the same irritating problem as everybody:mad: ;)

fooboto
30.06.2006, 17:03
I'm having the same problem...

I cannot INSTALL because I enter a loop of always having to restart the computer for INSTALLATION.

DTools says you must reboot to continue. I reboot. After DTools resumes INSTALLATION, it tells me to reboot again.

Help please. THANKS!

wallu667
30.06.2006, 20:17
I'm having the same problem here; it's just that I don't have that c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB914784$\ -directory because the hotfix it's integrated in my windows install. I made a windows install CD with NLite (http://www.nliteos.com/) and integrated NFM x64 update pack (http://www.zeroangel.ch/XP64_ua_cd_pack/updatepack.html) - which includes the evil hotfix - in it. Is it possible to uninstall integrated hotfix, and if it is, then how?

Underheaven
30.06.2006, 22:08
I'm having the same problem here; it's just that I don't have that c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB914784$\ -directory because the hotfix it's integrated in my windows install. I made a windows install CD with NLite (http://www.nliteos.com/) and integrated NFM x64 update pack (http://www.zeroangel.ch/XP64_ua_cd_pack/updatepack.html) - which includes the evil hotfix - in it. Is it possible to uninstall integrated hotfix, and if it is, then how?
Check out this post (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?p=61674#post61674)

wallu667
01.07.2006, 18:26
Where can I find the original ntoskrnl.exe?

Underheaven
01.07.2006, 21:42
Where can I find the original ntoskrnl.exe?
You could try this (you'll want to use a source disc without the issue):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/164448/ The instructions specify overwritting the file, you'll want to have it copied to another name such as ntoskrn2.exe

Preferred way is to get the file from a previous install of windows on your machine (perhaps from another partition or from a backup tape you've made).

wallu667
01.07.2006, 23:30
Whee! It works ^^ I copied ntoskrnl.ex_ from original xp CD to c:, then in command prompt I typed 'expand ntoskrnl.ex_ c:\temp' and voilб! There I have a working ntoskrnl.

Underheaven
02.07.2006, 06:23
Whee! It works ^^ I copied ntoskrnl.ex_ from original xp CD to c:, then in command prompt I typed 'expand ntoskrnl.ex_ c:\temp' and voilá! There I have a working ntoskrnl.
Nice work! I was crossing my fingers.

Deadman42
02.07.2006, 08:35
Problem: I keep getting messages like "This program will install SCSI Pass Through Direct (STPD) layer on the computer. WARNING - SPTD is not compatible with kernal mode debuggers (SoftICE, WinDBG etc.)! Please cancel setup if you plan to use kernal debuggers on this machine.

Operation System: Microsoft Windows XP X64 Professional Edition.

DT 4.03 for some reason wont install, but if I hit Ok it just reboots. Once its done rebooting I get the installation screen again and it does it all over again and wants another reboot. Other programs that are also affected is Nero 6 and Alcholo 120%. And no I am not running easy cd creator.

I read on the forums and tried everything and it wont install. I even format twice! and still wont install. I am not sure what to do now. Any suggestions?

FordPrefect
02.07.2006, 10:45
Tried this (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t12103-after-update-of-xp-or-server-2003-x64-editions-daemon-tools-does-not-work-anymore.html)?

Prandr
02.07.2006, 16:40
wenn will be released the update with hotfix of this problem?
i can't deinstall this update so i am really looking forward to the new DT version

Deadman42
02.07.2006, 17:54
Yep that did it. All my programs are working again. Thanks a bunch.

MoiZie
02.07.2006, 17:57
wenn will be released the update with hotfix of this problem?
i can't deinstall this update so i am really looking forward to the new DT version
You can't deinstall the update? That's almost impossible, surely you're doing something wrong...

AoD
02.07.2006, 18:45
You can't deinstall the update? That's almost impossible, surely you're doing something wrong...
Actually, my system becomes unstable when I uninstall that hotfix. My USB ports stop working and I get several other glitches as well.

I am also waiting for the patched DT4