Kb914784

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kb914784

I can almost guarantee that a windows update made this message appear on my system. I rebooted yesterday without any problems. Today I installed a group of updates, reboot and blam I get the windows 2000 yada yada kernel debugger message. I don't have time right now to research which one caused the problem, but I installed:

...other patch numbers deleted
    KB914784

I'm using XP 64 Pro and DT 64 bit.
    Last edited by Underheaven; 30.06.2006, 10:00. Reason: removed other patches because it was confusing forum users

Originally Posted by isopropanol
    I can almost guarantee that a windows update made this message appear on my system. I rebooted yesterday without any problems. Today I installed a group of updates, reboot and blam I get the windows 2000 yada yada kernel debugger message. I don't have time right now to research which one caused the problem, but I installed:

KB914784

I'm using XP 64 Pro and DT 64 bit.

yeah the same thing happened to me after i installed a set of windows updates yesterday this problem with the kernel debugger occurred

Comment

hi,
      a friend of minde installed dt v4.0, and he's got a totally new computer and everything...but he made a stupid mistake he installed dt4.0 while he has kenneldebugger on his computer so now every 4 to 6 times he tries to start his computer, the computer craches (somewhere before the boot-screen) does anybody know this problem? He uninstalled it offcourse but doesn't seems to work...

any suggestions?
      p.s. sorry for my bad english,..i'm Dutch
      Nothing is real in this world, only your fantasy represents the truth

Comment

Installation problems w/ xp pro x64

Ive been having a problem installing DT for xp x64, it tells me i need to restart, so i do, but then when i get back to my desktop, it restarts the installation from the beginning and i have to restart again, so i cant get any further in the installation.

Thanks

Comment

cant find KB914784 uninstall.

i was told that to uninstall i would need to run
          c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB914784$\spuninst\spuninst .exe

but i cannont find the directory

please help

thanks.

Comment

It's hidden, you've to configure Explorer to show all system and hidden files and folders in options first.
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

You also can uninstall it by using the Add/Remove function of WIndows. Just go to System Control -> Software. Then enable to show the Updates files. Now search for the Update fileand click remove.
              Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by IrcGhost
                hi,
                a friend of minde installed dt v4.0, and he's got a totally new computer and everything...but he made a stupid mistake he installed dt4.0 while he has kenneldebugger on his computer so now every 4 to 6 times he tries to start his computer, the computer craches (somewhere before the boot-screen) does anybody know this problem? He uninstalled it offcourse but doesn't seems to work...

any suggestions?
                p.s. sorry for my bad english,..i'm Dutch
                Remove windows\system32\drivers\SPTD.sys using safe mode.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf
                  yeah the same thing happened to me after i installed a set of windows updates yesterday this problem with the kernel debugger occurred
                  You don't have to look through that big list. The problem patch is: KB914784
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

thx

Thx, I'll try fixing that problem later when he's back from is holiday.. (off topic)Now I'm going to focuse myself on Hitman Blood Money, because I've got the same irritating problem as everybody
                    Nothing is real in this world, only your fantasy represents the truth

Comment

INSTALLING, not UNinstalling

I'm having the same problem...

I cannot INSTALL because I enter a loop of always having to restart the computer for INSTALLATION.

DTools says you must reboot to continue. I reboot. After DTools resumes INSTALLATION, it tells me to reboot again.

Help please. THANKS!

Comment

I'm having the same problem here; it's just that I don't have that c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB914784$\ -directory because the hotfix it's integrated in my windows install. I made a windows install CD with NLite and integrated NFM x64 update pack - which includes the evil hotfix - in it. Is it possible to uninstall integrated hotfix, and if it is, then how?

Comment

Originally Posted by wallu667
                          I'm having the same problem here; it's just that I don't have that c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB914784$\ -directory because the hotfix it's integrated in my windows install. I made a windows install CD with NLite and integrated NFM x64 update pack - which includes the evil hotfix - in it. Is it possible to uninstall integrated hotfix, and if it is, then how?
                          Check out this post
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Where can I find the original ntoskrnl.exe?

Comment

Originally Posted by wallu667
                              Where can I find the original ntoskrnl.exe?
                              You could try this (you'll want to use a source disc without the issue):
                              http://support.microsoft.com/kb/164448/ The instructions specify overwritting the file, you'll want to have it copied to another name such as ntoskrn2.exe

Preferred way is to get the file from a previous install of windows on your machine (perhaps from another partition or from a backup tape you've made).
                              the modern world:
                              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                              X