Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A request for the D-Tools team

(oops, forgot to add something)

Hey there, I have a request... please, can you release a version of Daemon Tools that does not have to go through installing the sptd.sys and sptdxxxx.sys files? I have these installed, but I CANNOT get past the "failed to oped config key" error. I have tried EVERY SINGLE suggestion in the sticky related to this issue. None of them have solved anything. I'm quickly losing my patience with this, and I'd just like to use the program but no matter what I have tried, absolutely nothing works.

If you could do this for us it would save a lot of us a headache.

My OS is Windows XP Home SP2 (x86).

If you want a version without SPTD layer install v3.47.
    V4.0x uses certain advanteges of SPTD layer, and we won't develop a complete new version again.
    But we expect Duplex to fix certain issues with upcoming SPTD layer version already, so try v3.47 meanwhile, and check back when next SPTD version is released.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Argh. The thing is, though, as that it puts the .sys files in the C:\windows\system32\drivers and it's all in there... it just gives me the failed to oped config key no matter what.

3.47 doesn't do StarForce stuff. Argh. So... what's up with this all? Why does this happen, anyways?

Comment

try the SPTD fix tool?

Originally Posted by Kles
        Argh. The thing is, though, as that it puts the .sys files in the C:\windows\system32\drivers and it's all in there... it just gives me the failed to oped config key no matter what.

3.47 doesn't do StarForce stuff. Argh. So... what's up with this all? Why does this happen, anyways?
        If you want I can help you try and get around the "cannot oped config key" message.

I made a tool called SPTD Deleter. Make sure you have the .Net Framework 1.0 or greater then download it from the following link, uncompress the files into some folder, and run it in safe mode. After you see a success message reboot again to safe mode and install DAEMON Tools from safe mode. Then hopefully at the next reboot you won't experience the "cannot oped config key" issue. No guarantees though, this doesn't work for all people- you may find your system still unable to install the SPTD layer.

download link
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thanks, Underheaven, but it didn't work.

I know what the problem is. When it puts SPTD.SYS and the registry keys in, somewhere along the lines between the installation of this key and a restart necessary to keep installing, the Cfg key gets corrupted in the registry and that's what's locking me and probably countless other users out from using this program.

So there's no fix for this?

Comment

Hi, can anyone help me?

Following the instructions of another site, I went to delete some registry keys under currentcontrolset/services. However once I deleted it and when I tried to reinstall the sptdinst-v159-x86 manually i get this msg

"failed to open service key"

can anyone direct me where to go from here?

thanks u so much

Comment

You have to set permissions for that key (Full Access to Everyone and System - also to subkeys).
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

I went to the Professional help for daemon tools at DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Registry and SPTD problems.

However the problem I encountered was that the sptd registry key was missing due to me foolishly deleting the string without making sure it was the right step. So I am stuck without a sptd key after the currentcontrolset/services class. So the real question is, how do i go about restoring the sptd key or how to solve this hiccup.

Thanks for looking thru this admins

Comment

Well, i was talking about services key with permissions (as you mentioned currentcontrolset/services). I will update this help document soon with this problem (Unable to open service key).
                  Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

Yup, I realised that. Do u by any chance have a quick fix solution to the deletion of the stpd registry key? Or know how to fix it?

Comment

Working...
                    X