Interesting problem with DaemonScript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting problem with DaemonScript

I can't win. I am currently running DT 3.47 because I tried to use the newer version (4) of DT some time ago, but it did work well for me. DT 3.47 did everyting I wanted so I went back to it. Here is where the story gets interesting. BTW, I also have Alcohol 120 (latest version) installed and I love it. I like the ease of using DaemonScript, so I installed version 1.60 (latest version) when I went back to DT 3.47 and DaemonScript (DS) would see both drivers, but would only mount Alcohol images. Whenever I tried to mount an image with DT, DS would say it was not installed. I just used the Alcohol emulated drive until I got a chance to troubleshoot this problem. That day was today.

My first thought was to go back to an older version of DS (1.54) and see what happens. To my amazement, DS still sees both DT and Alcohol, but it now mounts images with DT and it fails to load images with Alcohol. DS says Alcohol is not installed.

This is where I gave up. I am posting this message in the hope that someone knows how to solve this very bizzare problem. The failure to mount images is the only problem I have, and while I can get around it, I would like the ability to use both emulated drives when I want.

I did reinstall DT 3.47 a couple of times when I first noticed the problem, but it did not help.

Any ideas? Do I dare start using DT 4? DT 3.47 works great and I understand how everything works, which BTW took some time to understand and figure out by reading a lot of posts and web pages. I am not sure I want to re-learn a new way of doing things. Thanks for your help.
    Don\'t sweat the small stuff.

Latest DaemonScript (see here: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/down...egory&catid=2), detects alc 1.9+/dtools 4.0+ installation in a new way, so you should give it a shot.

Comment

@kerplatz
      Also, the latest Alcohol has the same virtual drives as DT 4.0.3, so unless you prefer the DT interface over Alcohol's, there's no reason to worry about it.

Comment

Well, considering DT Pro will have vIDE finally, I imagine so. They'll have a much harder time blanket blacklisting the virtual drives if they're not SCSI anymore.

Comment

Bah! they'll manage to blacklist real IDE drives and not vIDE I just wish they understand that the blacklist run that is currently playing will end in a wall... or like in a head in a wall.
          Carpe diem

Comment

Sorry I took so long to reply.

Andareed, I am using the latest Daemon Script (1.6). It will not mount images on the DT 3.47 virtual drive, but does see and use the Alcohol (1.9.5.4212) virtual drive. How does Deamon Script know that there are drives from these 2 programs to use or mount. I could not find an INI or a registry setting pointing to these 2 programs?

Right now I have no desire to install and use DT 4, so I prefer not to go there. I just want the ability to use Daemon Script to mount cd images on the DT 3.47 or Alcohol virtual drives.

While I have been writing this reply, I just thought of a wonderful idea. I really don't need to have both DT and Alcohol virtual drives running at the same time since they operate the same. Any draw backs to doing this? Could there be a conflict between these 2 programs that is making Daemon Script not be able to mount DT?

That still doesn't explain why I have this problem with Daemon Script. I am in the repair business and I have this overwelming desire to correct this problem. I am will to help solve it.

So, what do you think.
            Don\'t sweat the small stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X