PDA

View Full Version : SCSI Driver does not install under Windows .NET Pre-RC2

Plasmafusion
28.11.2002, 02:53
3.26 does not install under Windows .NET (all versions).
There is something that prevents the SCSI-driver to install and therefore the whole DT-Setup fails. :(

There is absolutly no problem with 3.23 which I run fine now. :D

Development
28.11.2002, 02:59
Thanks for report. I am aware of the problem adn currently thinking of a workaround. The cause of this is bug in setupapi.dll of Windwos NET which does not allow properly to copy inf files to INF folder - previous INF is overwritten by next INF. This version of DT uses 2 INF files now and installations scheme is a bit different, than in 3.23

debacher
28.11.2002, 17:46
3.26 does not install under Windows .NET (all versions).
There is something that prevents the SCSI-driver to install and therefore the whole DT-Setup fails. :(

There is absolutly no problem with 3.23 which I run fine now. :D

I got the same problem with Win98II. After the Installation of 3.26 i got the message "Virtual SCSI driver not detected" (i tried twice). My Win98 includes all Online-Updates from Microsoft, but is running in an Win4Lin Emulation on a Linux System.
After reading this posting, i tried 3.23 and it works fine.

immoyse
19.12.2002, 22:51
Momo installed D-Tools v3.26 on RC1, it worked fine. However, unfortunately, RC2 is not working with D-Tools v3.26.

Plasmafusion
20.12.2002, 15:33
3.23 does not work with RC2 of Win.NET. :(

U can install and run it fine as long as you don't reboot.

After the next reboot your Win.NET will not boot up anymore.
Regardless of any Hardware Restore-Points you've set.
Safe Mode is broken, too. No chance to get it back unless the Repair option from CD which will take about 40 Minutes.

I'm checking other CD-Emus now to get my work done.

Copytrooper
20.12.2002, 16:57
It should be fixed in next Daemon Tools version currently in beta test stage - so stay tuned for next version ...