Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon tools doesn't run what he did run first

Hi,

I've got the tools for a while now and I find it really useful, because you never lose disc's when they are on you're computer.
    The problem just now is the tools read the iso's and I can install things from them, but when I for example try to play a game it say's the disc isn't in it's drive.
    I know that some doesn't work because of copy protection, but the strange thing is these disc's used too work perfectly before.
    I just 4.0.3 and it worked then it stopped working, so I installed the new one and that one didn't work either.
    If anyone knows a solution for this I would be very grateful.

About what are you talking? How did you create the ISO? The ISO image file format isn't very useful for game images because it can't save some required data. So use Alcohol 120% to create your image and use the mds/mdf file format.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I think I used alcohol 120% for this one (I used different trial downloads so I'm not sure) well one game now magiclly runs again (the sims 2), but another game isn't working still(bridge commander). oh by the way the sims is imaged to .mds.
      sorry I'm not really experienced with these images.

Comment

To get a good image of Bridge Commander use Alcohol 120%. Put the cd in your drive and start Alcohol's Image Making Wizard. Choose the Safedisk 2/3 profile and wait until its finished. Try playing using that new image.

Comment

ok I'll try that although I have to buy it first because my trial is over.
          But if the image worked first why doesn't it now?
          thanks for the help.

Comment

did you reinstalled something on your system? Example:

For SafeDisc-protection its common behaviour that it wants
            the very first CD-ROM - driverletter!

Did you try to deinstall, then reinstall from that image?
            Does DaemonTools have the FIRST driveletter? No other
            real or virtual-drive before daemon one's?

Comment

I had no other virtual drive programs and I've haven't reinstalled something what has to do with daemon tool's. My virtual drive works on drive F:. I can't put it in a lower letter and my real cd drives are on D: and E:.

Comment

You can change the drive letter of your real drive this way:
                Start --> Run --> enter 'diskmgmt.msc' (without the '') and press OK
                Search for your real cd/dvd drive and right-click on it and choose to change the drive letter. Change it to any letter.
                Then change the letter of the virtual drive to the old letter of your real drive using the DT-Tray-Icon.

Comment

Thanks it seems to work now.

Comment

Sorry, but I seem to be having the same problem right now, and none of the stuff listed here seems to work.
                    I created a Safedisc 2/3 mds image in Alcohol, my virtual drive is E, and my physical is F, and I am using Safedisc emulation in Daemon Tools.
                    Any further tips?

Comment

Originally Posted by Thijsie
                      Sorry, but I seem to be having the same problem right now, and none of the stuff listed here seems to work.
                      I created a Safedisc 2/3 mds image in Alcohol, my virtual drive is E, and my physical is F, and I am using Safedisc emulation in Daemon Tools.
                      Any further tips?
                      What game and how did you create the image file?
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                      X