I have MCE and I cannot boot windows In safe mode to reinstall SPTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have MCE and I cannot boot windows In safe mode to reinstall SPTD

My MCE i dont know if its my Pheonix Bios V6.0 but I cannot boot in safemode to uninstall then reinstall the SPTD drivers. CONFUSING!!!

Originally Posted by favoritefood0
    My MCE i dont know if its my Pheonix Bios V6.0 but I cannot boot in safemode to uninstall then reinstall the SPTD drivers. CONFUSING!!!
    Do you mean Windows xp media center or desktop media center pc?

maybe i can help?
    http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

I have XP Media center, desktop

Comment

I have XP Media center, desktop
        You mean that you don't have the option (F8) or selecting F8 doesn't work? Can you be a little bit more precise?
        Have you tried several things already? Do you have bios problems that you pointed phoenix v6 out?

If you want us to help you, you should always give a little bit more information on your problem. its easier and you will be replied quicker too.

The only thing i can say now, its that i don't think MCE would be the problem (XP & MCE are the same), I have tested Daemon mostly with MCE and never had this safe mode problem.
        Did you try flashing your bios? Have you played around with transformation packs?

Comment

Well I cannot see the F8 boot in safe mode option, this is ment to be a gaming computer. My uncle built it I think that it is the Pheonix Bios. It gives me no option to start windows in safe mode it will go through the ram check, slave/master drives, and all that happy jazz, then go right to windows loading screen.

Comment

I also always get "Failed to open config key" With this and Alcohol120%

Comment

I also have not messed around with transformation packs, I have all of the patches, and everything installed that requires it.

Comment

I also have not messed around with transformation packs, I have all of the patches, and everything installed that requires it.
                I think the best would be to check out for the latest bios update available for your mainboard. Remember that phoenix is the brand that build the bios but you need to go and look at the brand of your mainboard (intel, asus, msi, asrock etc...)

If you don't have the latest bios on your machine, than its your decision to flash it or not.

Comment

I have an ABit mother board, otherwise I have an AMD ATHLON XP 64 3000+ 2.0GHz with a Memorex 80 gig HDD with an NVidia AGP 8x 6600 (on the GFX card the mem is 256 with 2 400mhz processors) and 768 ram

Comment

Re: no F8 safe mode

I cannot believe it is so hard to get to safe mode. You can edit your boot.ini file to include this on the entry for your partition. Put it on the very end of the very long line for your partition.
                    Code:
                    /safeboot:network

or 

/safeboot
                    the last command if you don't care about web access and network access. You will be stuck in safe mode forever at each reboot until you manually edit the file back to normal (good to make a copy of boot.ini).
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                    X