X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools 4.03 stops U3 flash stick from working

Hi,

I got myself a Sandisk Cruzer 2GB U3 stick and wanted to use it on a laptop with 32-bit Win XP and DT 4.03 installed. The machine recognises the stick and creates a drive for the usb memory part, but then takes several minutes to create the cd-drive letter for the u3 part of the stick. Trying to access the cd-u3 part, windows waits for 1-2 minutes and then responds with a "disc can not be read. It is damaged or uses an unreadable format". I tried on 5 machines, the 3 with DT showed this behaviour while the 2 without DT allowed me to use the U3 part.
    Any ideas? Regular USB sticks work just fine.

Thanks,
    Marcus

Try to change the drive letter to a letter that is far away for the one of the usb-drive. E.g. Windows gives the USB-Stick the letter K, then you change the letter from the DT-Drive to Y. Got it?
    It may help.
    Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
    Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
    Schreibt mir eine PN!
    If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the hint but DT already use drive letter V (for Virtual) on all of my machines. I tried the opposite and have set it to the lowest possible drive letter, but that did not help as well.

Yours,
      Marcus

Comment

Thread and solution continues here:

Comment

Working...
        X