System file write error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System file write error

I had v4.0 installed, and when I went to install/update to the newest version, I got this error. The installer un-installed the older version(I think), and now just gives me the "System file write error" message. I also deleted the System32\Drivers\dtscsi.sys

file, and still same error! What should I do or try now to get this installed? Please help!

Originally Posted by eniac
    I had 4.00 installed. 4.03 asked me if I wanted to upgrade, I clicked yes and now I cant install the 4.03 at all.

Iґm getting this dialog:

-SPTD setup 1.24-
    System file write error
    Same thing here! I had 4.00 installed, clicked upgrade, and got same error! Now I dont have Daemon Tools installed, and cant get it to install!

Comment

@Gokuden Does your error message say "SPTD setup 1.24" or "SPTD setup 1.25". The latter is a newer version and may work for you. It is included in the latest DAEMON Tools install program.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

no help!? =(

Comment

=( oh well. I fixed it myself! Searched C:\windows for "SPTD" and 3-4 files came up. Deleted them all,rebooted, and now it installs! Gj helping me earlier.....

Comment

Glad you got it working. I replied to you before in another thread. I moved the your post and my reply post here because I guess you never saw my reply. But I would like to add that I post ~10 posts every two days and I have often linked to the SPTD Deleter program (this tool renames/deletes the files you mentioned-- and fixes other things too). If you would have browsed the forum a little bit you would have stumbled across the needed information to help you reinstall. Again, I'm glad you got it working. I'm just a little frustrated that people are having to do some amount of work to get DAEMON Tools installed/reinstalled.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
            X