WhenU Installer.exe...attempts to connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WhenU Installer.exe...attempts to connect

I just installed Daemon Tools yesterday, on a machine that for security reasons will never be connected to the net. Maybe I'm missing something obvious that it's assumed I should know, but as I understand it I'm supposed to be able to opt out of WhenU. Every time I boot up, the WhenU installer pops up, halting the process, and waiting for a connection. I can't find it after closing it.
    Please tell me how to get rid of this nuisance. I really don't think you all intend for an active net connection to be a requirement in order to install your software

An internet connection is required for the adware installation.
    If you don't want the adware, just disable Daemon Tools Search Bar checkbox in installation dialog.
    To avoid the messages after each boot delete the mentioned installer *.exe files in Daemon Tools installation folder, then delete related start entries in following registry hive (run regedit):
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Deletion is not so simple

Yes, with your information I was able to remove the installer, however it set it'self running at all times. I had to use a third party deletion tool to set a "schedule delete at boot"

This was in Win2K, SP4, and the tool I used was "DeleteDoc"

Comment

I suggest everyone install the daemon searchbar, its a program we love why not show our thanks?
        we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

Comment

Or.... you could opt-out and purchase Daemon-Tools instead...
          That way you get to show your appreciation, without installing spyware on your pc
          SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

Originally Posted by AmphetaMarinE
            without installing spyware on your pc
            *AHEM*
            Adware

Comment

Working...
            X