Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My CD requires "first CD drive in my chain"...how do I do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My CD requires "first CD drive in my chain"...how do I do this?

I installed Daemon Tools 3.33 on my Win98SE system. It won't do what I need it to do. I am trying to run two CDs that I made image files of. Here's the problem: These CD programs specifically require that "CD must be in the CD drive. If you have more than one CD drive, the CD must be in the first drive in your chain." Daemon Tools only gives the option of drives H through Z, if I recall correctly. My physical CD drive is drive E. Is there any way to get around this problem? I mean, drive B isn't assigned to anything. Is there a way to get Daemon to assign a virtual Drive B? Or to change my physical drive letter to something else?

I previously tried some other programs, some of which would let you assign a virtual drive "B" but none of them would designate the drive as a CD drive, so they didn't work.

Thanks for any suggestions.

You've to re-assign the drive letter of your real device first (to e.g. k: ), then assign the drive letter of the Daemon Tools device to the required one.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      You've to re-assign the drive letter of your real device first (to e.g. k: ), then assign the drive letter of the Daemon Tools device to the required one.
      Thanks. Well, how do I do that? Do I reassign my real drive in Daemon Tools, or with some other program? And do I risk f**cking up my system when I do that?

Comment

In Win9x the drive letter assignment is done via device manager. Open the related real device in cd-rom section and change the assigned drive letter.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thanks Copytrooper. Got everything working!

Comment

Working...
          X