system reboot and adware report after installing daemon tools v4.0.3 x86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• system reboot and adware report after installing daemon tools v4.0.3 x86

Hi. I have a friend that has a problem. After installing daemon tools v4.0.3 x86 his PC system reboots after a bluescreen appears. His anti-virus also reports that a virus has been found. It's located in the daemon tools folder and it's the "SetupDTSB.exe". it says it's a "Application.Adware.Savenow.G". His anti-virus is BitDefender 9 Professional (updated every day) and neither him and I don't know what to do to fix the problem. any help?

Regarding the BSOD, check if there's a minidump file (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to that crash; send it to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Regarding the adware disable Daemon Tools Search Bar checkbox in installation dialog to prevent it's installation, or simply cancel WhenU EULA.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

frankly spoken -

how do you people even manage a complex tool like Daemon Tools if you're not even able to read that your scanner doesn't tell you its a virus but ADWARE???? ADWARE!!! NOT VIRUS!!! Got that?

We need urgently an adultcheck here!

my suggestion: uninstall Daemon Tools - use real discs instead. Obviously you're not able to use such a complex tool
      sorry, just my 0.02$

Comment

@silenthunter41
        Don't flame others. It's rude and against forum policy if I'm not mistaken. Not everyone knows their way around a computer. Besides, perhaps his AV does report it as a virus (false positive and such). If you feel a correction needs to be made, make it more politely next time. And if there's outright idiocy going on, then report it to the mods and let them deal with it.

Comment

Working...
        X