Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for virtual CD rh/click "Eject" command

Hi,

Apologies if these Q's/Suggestions exist elsewhere on the forum, but I can't see anything relating to the "Eject" function.

I'm using DT to emulate game CDs for my kids - works great - however, their friends often want to see the CD(!) - and so rh/click on the Virtual CD drive, then choose "Eject" - which of course unloads the current image.

I have hidden DT from the toolbar, as I don't want them fiddling with the settings. This means they are stuck from using the machine until I return.

I have three enquiries/suggestions:
    1) Is there any way to lock/disable the eject function - returning true, but never unloading the image?
    2) Otherwise could the Eject function be extended to "Un-Eject" when clicked again - many real CD units support this.
    3) Maybe a File Open box could pop up when the "Eject" option is chosen, allowing the system to choose another image.

Many thanks
    Steve

It is possible to lock any cdrom drive from ejection. I don't know of any program that actually will lock a cdrom and do just that. Most lock it, read from it or do something else, then unlock it. If you lock cdrom, you won't be able to unmount image without unlocking it.

There was some tool with clonecd that would add load (un-eject) to context menu.

Eject is completely different from unmounting. Ejecting will not unmount image. I've no idea why you would want an image mounted but ejected though.

Comment

Re: Suggestions for virtual CD rh/click "Eject" command

Originally Posted by Tiiazllm
      Hi,

Apologies if these Q's/Suggestions exist elsewhere on the forum, but I can't see anything relating to the "Eject" function.

I'm using DT to emulate game CDs for my kids - works great - however, their friends often want to see the CD(!) - and so rh/click on the Virtual CD drive, then choose "Eject" - which of course unloads the current image.

I have hidden DT from the toolbar, as I don't want them fiddling with the settings. This means they are stuck from using the machine until I return.

I have three enquiries/suggestions:
      1) Is there any way to lock/disable the eject function - returning true, but never unloading the image?
      2) Otherwise could the Eject function be extended to "Un-Eject" when clicked again - many real CD units support this.
      3) Maybe a File Open box could pop up when the "Eject" option is chosen, allowing the system to choose another image.

Many thanks
      Steve
      I use that eject tray command as well - since I am sometimes loading a bin / cue that does not load properly, or that encounters an error when being read by the autoplay features of Win XP.

However, there is, further up in my context menu, a close tray that will simply "close" the tray when it is "opened" accidentally, or purposefully. That is how I fool Win XP into assuming the CD has been re-inserted, and usually works the second time around with a faulty load.

Of course, I am attributing these problems to the image, when it may be the OS itself - but it *certainly* is never Daeon's fault :twisted:
      http://www.calendarofupdates.com | http://sevenforums.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X